#1 - What You Got

The phone rang at 3:30 in the morning, startling Skyla awake. It's flashing neon lights blinding her sleep ridden eyes.

"Hello?..." she said in a groggy voice.

"Bitch." Said the voice on the other side of the line before hanging up.

Skyla sighed as she hung up the phone, "Some people are so juvenile." She said as she rolled over, falling asleep once again.

-

The next day, Skyla got ready for work. At 23 years old, she was currently a salon assistant at Studio 44. She styled her long honey blonde hair as she checked herself in the mirror. She had just finished applying her signature cherry red lipstick which accented her rather large lips against her snow white complexion.

Skyla was a stunning girl. She was 5'7 with legs that seemed endless. Her sense of humor followed her everywhere; often she was dubbed the loud funny girl. Her gray-blue eyes were captivating – it was always the first thing people noticed about her besides her personality.

It was Saturday; which meant Skyla had the next two days off.

"One more day of work." She sighed as she stared at herself one last time in the mirror.

-

That night found Skyla at a local bar alongside her best friend's Tiffany and Melissa.

"Sex on the beach with orange vodka please." Skyla said to the bartender with a smile.

"I don't know how you drink that, it's too sweet." Melissa complained.

"Good thing you're not the one drinking it." Skyla dead panned.

Tiffany sat there quietly, she wasn't much for drinking. The extent of her experience with alcohol was one Midori sour that she would sip on for hours on end. Melissa on the other hand, could drink like a fish; and was proud of it.

"What are we doing next weekend? Maybe we could finally see the tree?" Tiffany asked.

It was the beginning of December and the girls really wanted to take a trip to NYC. Being for the east end of Long Island, none of the three had ever seen the tree at Rockefeller Plaza.

"Actually, I think the tree lighting is tomorrow." Tiffany added.

"We just got over Thanksgiving, can't we wait with the Christmas stuff?" Melissa groaned.

"Do you guys want to go?" Skyla asked excitedly.

"I don't know if I can go tomorrow." Melissa sighed.

"Sucks to be you." Skyla smirked.

"Yes! We could get dinner before!" Tiffany said excitedly. Tiffany was always thinking about food.

"Hey maybe we could stop by Central Park, you know have a look around." Skyla tried to say in the most nonchalant way possible.

"Oh, you're defiantly up to something." Melissa knew better.

"Well if we are going to the city, maybe we could try and meet John." Skyla added.

"You say his name like he knows you." Tiffany laughed.

"He should." Skyla smiled. "I could be the girl of his dreams." She said as he clasped her hands and batted her eyes, "Hey Melissa, what would your brother say to that?"

"Say to what?" Melissa asked after she took a sip of her vodka and cranberry.

"What would he say if he found out his ex-girlfriend was dating a Beatle?" Skyla continued.