Two years later

Chapter 1

~~ 2 years later ~~

"I feel so close to you right now, it's a force field. I wear my heart upon my sleeve, like a big deal. Your love pours down on me, surrounds me like a waterfall. And there's no stopping us right now. I feel s-"

I opened my groggy eyes as I awoke from my not so peaceful sleep, in my not so comfortable bed.

Where did that sound come from?

Oh yeah, my phone alarm. I was lucky that I still had my phone. Although its not the newest I could still call people if I needed.

I turned off the alarm and checked the time. 7:30 am. I needed to get up for my job at pinky's cafe.

When I just escaped John, my stepfather, I had nowhere to go. I slepped on a bench in a park for a week until a police man found me on his night patrol. He sent me to a homeless shelter.

I stayed there for four months, finding a job to work and a apartment. Nobody wanted to hire a 18 year old with no house.

So that was pretty hard. But then, one day I was looking around and I saw an old lady struggling to put the trash in a big trashcan.

I walked over to her, asking if I could help her and she said yes.

When I threw it away she asked me if I wanted to come inside her cafe.

And that is how I got my job. I will always be thankful for Nana Joe.

I got out of bed and started to take my clothes off for a shower. When I was done I jumped in. The water was ice cold, because I didn't have enough money to buy a heater.

When I got out I was shivering from the cold. I also didn't have a heater in my house. So most of the time I was freezing.

After I dried up, I picked out my uniform and one of my only two jeans to wear. Luckily it was clean.

When I was done I got out of my mini one person apartment to walk to work. it wasn't a long distance, so for that I was happy.

While I was walking my stomach grumbled loudly, because I was really hungry.

Almost there I thought. Nana Joe always lets me eat at the cafe. She knew about my problems with money and always was there to help me. She was like the mother/grandma I never had.

When I got in the cafe, Nana Joe was there, as always, ready to start another boring day of work.

------------------------------------

Not really long chapter. I don't think they will be long. Thanks for reading. byee

~Lisa