Prologue.

Prologue.

 I was running. I couldn’t stop. I had too much adrenaline pumping in my veins.

“STOP RIGHT NOW!” I heard him screaming.

But I just couldn’t. I was finally running away from him. I turned around the block and stopped for a second. I couldn’t see him anymore. I crouched down to take a breath when I heard footsteps behind me.

I spun around and saw him with a gun. It was pointed at me. Oh my god, what should I do? My eyes started to water and I felt the tears.

“Please don’t shoot me?” I asked him.

“Why should I listen? You just ran away from me and you know how badly of a mistake that is. Didn’t you learn from your mother?” he spat out.

His eyes were so cold and I knew that I shouldn’t have run away. My mother made the same mistake. Guess what happened?

He murdered her. And I saw everything. He knew I was looking so he did it brutally.

He slowly walked towards me and I was beginning to panic. Oh my god, please don’t let me die?

You would think that I wanted to die after what I lived thru for 7 years. Well, I don’t. I just wanted to escape this hell hole and have a normal life.

I started to look around maybe I could see something or someone to help me escape from this monster.

That was a mistake.

Just as I looked up again he was in front of me looking at me with those ice cold vicious eyes. I began crying and hyperventilating.

He put his hands on my cheek and started caressing it. I had to do everything not to puke, but I started gagging.

I don’t know how that was possible but his eyes turned colder.

“You don’t like that huh?” I heard his weird creepy voice say.

I’m going to die so why not make the last moments of my life good.

“No, I don’t like that. It’s disgusting and gross” I spat in his face.

Before I could react I felt a stinging sensation in my cheek. I knew he backhanded me. This is obviously not the first time.

“DON’T YOU DARE TALK TO ME LIKE THAT!!” He screamed.

I don’t know where it came from but he suddenly had a knife in his hand. It wasn’t just a knife. It was the knife he used to kill my mother. I remember the knife correctly. The shape, form and color from the knife. 

It’s not something you forget. When you’re 13 years old and your mother escaped but then he catches her again. And kill her before your eyes.

After all these years, 5 exactly, I still have the nightmares.

I felt a burning sensation in my cheek. I put my hand at my cheek and felt a liquid. Not just any liquid.

I SAW BLOOD. My own fresh blood out of my veins.

I don’t know what happened to me but I just felt so much anger inside me. Never have I been so angry at someone.

In a spur I kicked his ball with my knee. He didn’t expect it. He fell over and I picked up the knife.

I wanted to kill him, but I didn’t have it in me. Yeah, he did really bad things to me. But I just couldn’t kill him.

I closed my eyes and threw the knife at his face. I heard an ear piercing scream come from him and I opened my eyes again. The knife was in the cheek. Not full though, but it looked it hurt really much.

This is my chance, I thought. I picked up my bag that fell out of my hand and ran up to him. I took his wallet and looked in it and saw money. Not just 5 dollars, but like 1000 dollars.

I looked at him one more time and stepped on his balls again. I needed to distract him more.

I ran away with everything I had in me and didn’t stop. I heard nothing behind me so I guess he is still on the ground there.

When I arrived at town I quickly ran over to the bus station and bought a ticket to Idaho. He would never guess that.

And that’s how my life alone and independent began.