Month 1.

Month 1.

I had always admired you from afar. We had conversed before but it was nothing more than a few words like, 'Hey how was your day?', 'Oh some teacher is looking for you.' or 'Good job today!' I longed to be someone special to you, to be your friend or even to be able to talk to you more.

You were constantly depressed, hurting yourself whenever anything happened between you and the person you loved, Na Jaemin. How naive of the him to ever hurt someone like you this much. He got the greatest gift, which was being able to call you his, and yet each time he treated you badly always making your fights and arguments seem as if it were your fault. It hurt me to see you hurting physically and emotionally. I truly hated him for doing this to you over and over and over yet again as if you were just a doll he wanted to play with.

Yet you never left him. You were always so good to him letting him back into your life no matter how bad he had hurt you before. You would cover up your scars, brave a smile and never let him know anything that happened every night after you fought.

It was until one day you could take it anymore. You had enough of keeping everything to yourself and was looking for someone to confide in. God knows how but you chose me and I had never been happier, because knowing that the only thing you had always wanted was needing someone to confide in about everything. I let you cry endlessly everytime something happened and comforted you with open arms yet again nearly every alternate day.

Why would someone as perfect and precious as you want to be with someone who doesn't treat you well and makes you cry like this all the time? It may hurt and kill me inside that I'm just someone that you come to for comfort everytime anything goes wrong with him, but I would do anything just to see that smile of yours again, even if it was because of him and not me. I constantly thought to myself.

Whatever time it was during the day or night that you came to my house knocking on my door, I would let you cry in my arms and let out all your frustration while just hugging you and listening to you. I had gotten way more than I had wished for from the start. But one thing that never ceased to amaze me was how you tried so hard to forget anything from your fights and smile the next day as if nothing had happened.

You had always surprised me with a lot of things you did especially that one night when you had confided in me about how much you loved him.

Flashback

'Why does he hate me so much? I never did anything wrong to him. I always loved him with all my heart and gave him all my love but it feels like he doesn't even care about me or loves me at all. Everytime we fight he calls me so many hurtful names, worthless, useless,  disgusting, annoying, I never loved anyone else but him. I've loved him for years, Mark, years, we have been dating for close to 3 years yet I've never heard him say 'I love you' to me once before. Am I that horrible that I cause people I love to hate me like this?' You cried harder than I had ever seen before.

If only you knew how much I loved you Donghyuck, I loved you for years too. It hurts me to see you with others but as long as you're happy, I'm happy. It hurts me even more when you are hurting, I just want to make you mine, take care of you and treat you like a king till the ends of our days. Who would hurt someone like you? It is something that I'll never be able to understand. I silently thought to myself as I hugged you tighter as if I was afraid to lose you even though you were never mine to begin with.

I had waited till you fell asleep before putting you down on the mattress before leaving the room. Just before I closed the door I looked at you again and muttered, 'If only you knew how much I loved you and gave me a chance to treat you like a king.' I sighed before making my way to the couch to sleep for the night.

Present time...

'Hey Mark thanks for always hearing me out no matter what. I feel really bad that you're always giving me comfort and I'm always the one receiving it. If you ever need to talk to anyone or just want someone around, I'll always be here to help you too!' You smiled at me.

I felt happy knowing that this was the first time I had ever made you smile. It felt like an accomplishment to me even though it was something so small. I reached over to open the door for you but you suddenly hugged me. Other than when I was comforting you, you had never hugged me before. I was shocked to say the least, but hugged you back when I felt that your grip around me was tightening.

Hugging you with you hugging me back so tightly was one of the best things I had ever felt in my life up till then. Just seeing you smiling and happy was good enough for me. My wish was that you'd always be happy and that he wouldn't hurt you ever again. I knew that sooner or later he would learn to treasure you and if you were happy with him, it would mean that my time spent with you would slowly come to an end but if that was what I had to give up for your happiness, I told myself I would do it. I would have given up anything for your happiness.

_______________________________

this has so much angst omg but I really hope you guys will like this story!! ❤️