And the storm comes rolling in

I sat on the cold leather, the skin on my thighs sticking to the seat. I looked around anxiously into the woods. My car running in the driveway. I checked my phone which was plugged into the charging jack in the car.

    "Stupid thing. Only at 25 percent. That's gonna die in, like, two seconds" I muttered to myself.

     A large round drop of clear water splattered on the windshield. I got out of the car and looked up at the charcoal colored clouds floating south. I looked at my phone and back up into the gray sky. I felt a drop land on my head and soak into my skull. I grasped the charging cord and yanked it out of the charging jack and ran into the house where everyone was sitting around the rotting wood that was once a dining table. Emilee stood looking through the dented cans left in the cupboard. I walked over and asked how much food was left that is edible.

     "Only a few cans of chicken broth." She said and handed me a can. I stared at the rusty can. I ran my fingers over the tin grooves sticking out of the cylinder.

     I jumped as I heard a large crash from outside. I ran to the window scanning the forest until my eyes landed on the wreckage. The only cell tower in the area now lays sideways on the ground surrounded by tilted trees.

     An old, black Chevy pulled into the driveway. Leo ran to the door soaking wet and knocked. Ian opened the door. Leo stood smiling for a while.

     "Ok. Before his wheels get slashed, let's send some people to go into town to get help."

     "What the hell are you talking about?" Leo said.

     "There's someone out there." My voice soft and quiet, "Whatever it is... It doesn't want us to be here." I shuddered at the sentence. I glanced at everyone.

      "Umm..." Leo's eyebrows raised "what?"

      "Please just listen. I need you to get us out of here."
      Leo walked over to me and kissed me hard on the mouth, "I'm so confused. But I believe you, and I will help."