Chapter I

The worst day is coming, I think I'll collapse. I live with my family in a small house, I'm not really happy living there, but we don't have too much money to buy a better one. I have three brothers and one sister, we are a lot of children, my mother and my grandfather live with us. Our father left when I was only two years old so I don't have too much memory about him. I think that my brothers and my sister some day will ask me about him. Johnny, my grandfather, he is like my example to follow. Well, this is my worst day in life, but why? I just can't stop thinking about my mother, Lauren, she's literally dying.

Today she's going to the hospital, the doctor said that she had to be interned the most fast as posible. Maybe my grandpa and I are the only ones who notice about it. My brothers are too little to understand. Sara, my only sister is six years old, maybe she could understand, but I don't want to alter her, she is like the only one who spent all her day with mom so she can fall on a big depression. Sara knows that mom is sick, but not enough to die. My brothers, they are just babies, what will happen if mom dies? Firstable, I'll be too sad to go to school, I'll be too sad to study and second, I think I would not be able to take care of them, my grandfather, he could help but I think that he is too ancient for it. Now, this is it, this is our fucking day, mom: you don't deserve this.