Toys

I can not believe it. I did it, I finally did it.

If it weren't for the thick sheet of paper in my hand I would be sure this is just a dream, this is what I have dreamed about since I first saw them 3 years ago.

The soles of my boots pounded against the rickety wooden floors and into my father's darkened office.

His figure was bent over the oak desk, the wire-rimed glasses hanging off the bridge of his triangular nose.

"Dad. Guess what?" I tried to keep my tone even though I had the urge to scream and dance around the solemn house.

"Noelle. Is this actually important?" His words made the toothy grin dissolved from my face, his grey eyes never left the black and white page laid out in front of him.

I should have known better than to expect a reaction, none the less a happy one, from my father.

He is a very indifferent man, my mother was usually the one to do things in the nature of school plays and social events. All praises and treats came from her as well, my father in the later years usually remained locked away from our family in his dusty old office.

"Sorry." The black painted wooden door locked behind me, leaving me completely alone in the barren hallway.

It puzzled me at how a house that was once so filled with joy and noise could turn into something so melancholy and silent.

My chest heaved as I trudged down the staircase into the deserted coffee-coloured living room.

My old Nokia phone buzzed against the wooden coffee table, the blue light glowed in the dark evening light.

"Hello?" Only a few people ever contact me, you can say I am not the most social person in the world. The few friends I do have though are the kindest people in the world and I wouldn't trade them for anything.

"Noelle! Did you get them?" My friends familiar texan accent was always comforting and made me miss home more than ever.

"Yes! I'm in complete shock, I can't wait to get to sleep. I was awake all night so I could get them." To emphasise my point a yawn poured out of my mouth, making me arch my back and my already heavy eyelids close.

The feeling of closed eyes was something I had been craving all day, but I was too revved up earlier to realise it.

"Thats unbelievable! I'm so happy for you Noelle. You really deserve it, I would love to chat more but its obvious you are exhausted so I'll let you go." I could see her warm and motherly smile perfectly behind my eyelids.

"Bye Julianna. I'll call you tomorrow." I hung up the phone and lazily tossed it cross the aged white couch.

Julianna Gardener had been my best friend for as long as I can remember, we had grown up together in a small town outside of Houston Texas, we were neighbours in fact. Our mothers would take us to church every Sunday together and afterwards we would go to the local Dairy Twist.

The happy memories were making me feel gloomier than I should. I wish I didn't even try to bring my dad into my life, it's obvious he will never care for me the way he does for his work.

The thoughts haunted me as I drug my body up the wooden stairs and onto my single bed.

Only one more month and I will finally be able to meet them.

I will finally after three years meet One Direction.