Chapter 1: Moving

"Ella! Can you come here please?" Ella's mother called down to her.

Ella walked down the stairs in her yellow and green poka-a-dot frock with a white sash around her waist. She had her blonde tied half up half down, she walked down the stairs happily and found her mother and father surrounded by pieces of paper, that dictated their entire life. Bills.

"Yes, mum?" Ella asked, she knew that it was going to bad news.

"Ella, we... uhh... we are..." Her mother tried to say, but couldn't.

"Ella, what you're mother is trying to say is that we are moving. To the country." Her Dad  continued.

"What?! When?! Why?!" Ella Asked in complete shock. She had grown up in this house. It was a two-story house with 3 bedrooms. It was beautiful.

"Mama, dada what's wrong?" Elizabeth asked with concern in her eyes. Elizabeth was Ella's little sister, she was wearing a demin one piece with a white undershirt. she had her short blonde hair tied in two pig tails.

" Sweety..." Her mum said as she walked over to her youngest daughter and crouched towards her and held her shoulders." We are moving."

"What? Why?!" Elizabeth asked,she looked like she was about to cry.

"Yeah, Why?" Ella added.

"You know my sweet peas, things... things have  been getting tough lately. Anyway, it's good to get away from the hussel and bussel of the city." Their mother said trying to stay positive. It was true things were getting tough for the family. Their father had lost his job and their mother didn't have a well paying job which wasn't paying their bills.

"But MaMa I like this house!" Elizabeth complained, stamping her foot.

"I know darling, so do I. But I'm sure that the house that we are moving to will be lovely!" She tried to reassure them.

"What about Mia, and  Anna? Will I ever see them again?" Ella asked, Mia and Anna were her friends. They had known each other for 7 years and they are very close.

"They might come to see you once in a while, but you can still send them letters!"

"Letters? Don't you mean an e-mail or a text?"

"No, sweety, a letter. We won't need the internet!"

"WHAT?!" Ella and Elizabeth said in unison. They were always on the internet.

" You can get some fresh air! You'll love it! Anyway girls, can you please start packing your thing."

"Yes, Mum." They both said.

So they both walked up the stairs to their room. The moment Ella opened her brown oak door and closed it behind her she broke down in tears. She was going to miss her lovely life. She was going to miss her sky blue walls. She was going to miss all the sleep overs she had in her room with her friends.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

"Dear, you shouldn't blame yourself. You did the best you could, much better than what I could. You are better with the children." Their Father reassured their mother who had broken down in tears after the  girls went to their rooms.

"If only my job would pay more! Then we wouldn't have to move." Their mother complained. She worked as a teacher in the local primary school, she loved her job, but it didn't pay very well.

" But you love your students don't you? I'm sure you would much prefer working as a teacher than sitting at a desk all day with a computer. Anyway, lets not focus on the 'what if 's ." their father said. He hated seeing his family sad, it hurt him so much seeing their eyes fill with tears.

" Yes, I do love my job and students but I would to not have to worry about bills all the time!" Their mother complained.

" Molly, lets not think like that, now can you please pack some stuff for me please?"

" Alright Henry."

So Molly, Their mother, walked up the stairs into their room and started to put their clothes into a suitcase. While Henry, the father, was still downstairs and on his computer looking on the internet for a school nearby where they will be moving.

When Molly finished she walked by Ella's room and heard Ella sobbing.

"Ella! Ella dear! Are you alright?" Molly asked knocking on Ella's door very concerned.

Ella wiped away her tears and replied, "Yes, mum!"

"Darling, can I come in and help you pack?"

"Yes! If you want."

So when Molly opened the door and found her daughter in tears it was like someone has pushed a knife through her heart.

"Ella! What's wrong!?"

"I don't want to move!"

"Oh sweet heart! It'll be alright. You can come and visit your friends every school holidays and you make new friends in your new school! Come on, I'll help you pack."

Ella nodded and got up off of the floor and walked over to her dresser and started to put away all her shirts, then pants, then skirts, then dresses and so fourth.  Ella hoped that she will be happy in her new home.

A/N:

So what do you think of the story so far? It's not very interesting at the moment but it'll be soon. If you have any ideas please let me know! I want to hear you're feed back!

Btw, Jackie Evancho is 16 at the moment but since she is a little girl in the story lets pretend that she is 7 and Kiernan Shipka  is 16 like she is right now. So there is a 9 year difference between the two, which I think is okay.

Anyway,

I hope you have a wonderful day!

-Indianna xx