5. The Prophecy

EDITED

Chapter five:-

Christian stepped into the woods and took off his clothes and he placed it in the hollow of a tree—his usual spot. He took a step back, taking a deep breath as he let all his anger and frustration resurface and his eyes turned a fearful black and his human body shifted into a huge golden-brown wolf. As the legend goes, the Alpha male is the biggest, strongest and fastest in a pack and so was he.

He took off; his heavy paws pushed the ground beneath him, where his body impulsively took me. This was...peaceful and calming, but oddly, less than the comfort he felt when he was around Tiara.

At the reminder of her name, he unintentionally pushed himself harder. That woman entered his life and turned it into a complete havoc in just one week. One bloody week!

What was he suppose to do now? That...that little minx! But dammit, she was also so calming to be around.

His mind told him to steer clear from her but his wolf, his damned Wolf and just a part of his mind said to be with her and give her a chance. But only for a year, he promised himself. After that he would continue his life with Veronica, like he was supposed to.

After much of running around, Christian still couldn't calm himself down. The question of telling his parents about Tiara was out of the window after the disaster that took place at the Pack house.

Just then, he remembered something...or more specifically someone and he immediately went back to the tree and put on his clothes as he quickly headed off in that person's direction.

He realised then that she was his last hope. If she couldn't make anything of his situation then he really was doomed. His father would have his head for dinner if he got to know where he was headed to but he had no choice. And besides, she wasn't that bad.

*

After a few minutes of running further deep into the woods, Christian front of the Witch Zoimanika's house, who had according to his late grandmother, helped the Wolves before as well. It was still the break of dawn and he hoped he wouldn't be causing her any inconvenience. He probably should come back here at more reasonable time but he just couldn't out off his anxiety.

He knocked at the door and heard something on the other side of the door drop and someone curse. The door opened a few seconds later and revealed an annoyed person that soon turned to surprise

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the Alpha himself!" she exclaimed.

"May I come in? I need to talk you." He asked to which she cocked an eyebrow but moved aside to let him in anyway.

Zoimanika and Mr King Sr. weren't exactly fond of each other. Zoimanika was a little... curious, old lady and tried spells and potions to quench her thirst which did not always turn out good. More importantly, Christian's father was an orthodox man, not really liking her links with humans.

"I wasn't expecting anyone here, especially you," she simply stated.

"Yeah, I actually have a situation here," he told her.

"And what might it be?" she said genuinely curious as she sat on a worn out couch and gestured for him to take one as well.

He sat down and quickly glanced around at his surroundings having many mismatched and old furniture placed, that surprisingly, flattered the room. Her house was an old cottage and diagonal to the main door was a small fireplace and opposite to that was a worn out couch with a wooden coffee table placed in front of it.