Chapter 1 | Zoey

A magnificent castle stands directly under the blue sky, which covers the land, sea and the people. The people, whose purpose is to prosper that vast land and sea. 

A glowing ball of fire is roaring, from the mountain to the wide open sky. Confirming a new day, a new hope. 

The people in the town's market place, located at the center of the kingdom, are busily setting up their stalls. They're the mainly people who woke up even before the sun sets up, high in the sky. 

While this busy, market people as they say, busied themselves.

 The princess, is in fact long awake too. She would stare and gaze at the scene below her bedroom's window, making her feel like she was watching a play, only it was realistic or in fact the reality. That scene would be the people in the market place.  She just loves seeing them, happily chatting with each other. 

Then she would adore the street dancers who danced to sounds of different instruments, played by their fellow members. They dance enthusiastically to the beat while people swarm around them. But as you can see they love all the attention they're getting, and the coins people throw at them, of course.  Not a day would be the same, for the princess, because for her everyday is a special day. 

As the princess quietly sits at her bedroom's window, which is high above the ground. Her ladies-in-waiting would be watching her.

A true beauty indeed. Not only in her physical appearance but to her heart, as well. A sincere kindness, showed by her to them verifies that. 

Cecilia, the oldest lady-in waiting of the princess, had been serving the princess since the day the princess was born. She is truly loyal and kind. Amelia, who is the second oldest of them three, is the strongest of them all, qualifying her to be one of the princess' ladies-in-waiting . She was a not a newbie in the castle, either, for she served the the oldest princess before. Now Talia, the youngest and definitely a new one in the castle,  is the smartest. She wears glasses and has a short brown hair that is only above her shoulders. 

The princess look at behind her shoulders, to see her ladies-in-waiting, casually waiting for her.

"Oh, pardon me. Is the breakfast served already?" The princess said as she jumped but lost her balance as she landed. Her arms both in the air trying to regain her balance. "Oh my, the princess! Let's help her." Cecilia said grabbing the hands of the princess. While Talia holds the other one. "And the princess is saved, once again." Amelia sarcastically said as she turned around her back, hands in her hips. Cecilia shot her a dirty look but Amelia couldn't see it anymore. 

"Now, now, you two should stop fighting." Talia said then she turned her head to the princess. "We should get you dressed quickly, now." She smiled to her. The princess smiled back to her.

Now, the ladies-in-waiting are helping the princess get dressed. "The number 1 rule for a princess is to always look presentable and pretty." Cecilia said as she tied the pink lace into ribbon. 

The princess gazed at her reflection in the mirror. She slowly turned around. Then, she faced her ladies-in-waiting. "Let's go downstairs, shall we?" She smiled sweetly to them as they go downstairs, with their arms loop with each other.

----

"Mother, who is that princess, you're talking about? A child said. 

"That, my child, is Princess Zoey Rose, daughter of the infamous Queen Aurora and King Phillip." The mother, who narrates the story, said.

"But why are we talking about her? Is she a special girl?" The child ask again.

"Haha, you're a one little curious child, aren't you?" The mother squeezed her child's nose as she laugh softly.

"Huh?" The child is clearly confused.

"Just wait and you'll see" The mother said as she opened the book once again.

---