10- Practice and Apologies

Xavier glanced at the clock, a worried expression etched onto his face. Nikki had been in the Danger Room for an hour now. Even using his telepathy he could hear nothing on the other side of the door.

It was absolutely silent.

He wanted to open the doors and check on her, but knew that if he did so, not only would he probably freeze from the subzero temperature, but Nikki would retreat into herself again. All progress would be lost.

Rubbing his forehead with his hand, he sighed, waiting patiently. All of a sudden, the doors whooshed open. Nikki exited the room, closing the door behind her and smiling. Her face was so radiant that it took the Professor to realize that something was different.

Her skin and hair glowed an iridescent shade of blue that almost sparkled in the light.

(Just imagine its Nikki)

"Professor." Nikki whispered, breathless. "Everything in there was so beautiful. It looked even prettier than when I first went in after melting the doors. Did I really do all that? Are you sure it wasn't Bobby?"

"I saw it with my very own eyes, Nikki. I promise that you were the one who created all of that." The Professor replied, smiling.

"Professor, I know that you probably want the Danger Room up and running again. But I want to keep the sculptures and everything. So, I have a compromise." Nikki said.

"Well, what do you suggest?"

"Is there another room down here that is not used for anything? At all?" The Professor nodded yes. "Would it be possible to move all of the sculptures and ice in there to that room? I could make it in such a way that it can be an art room of sorts, and Bobby can use it to!"

"That is a wonderful idea. We will start on it tomorrow."

"Thank you Professor."

***********
So marshmallows, another chapter is done.

SIKE!!!!!!

**************
After the conversation was over, Nikki decided to go outside and practice her fire and telekinesis.

Using her telekinesis she opened up the garage and removed three targets. All three targets were fireproof, damage proof, and destruction proof. Scratches lined the whole thing, but it wasn't broken yet. Setting them side by side at least ten yards away from her, Nikki prepared to unleash a firestorm on them.

Taking a deep breath, she shot her hands forward and pushed as much rage, sadness, anger, and ferocity as she could into the flames. When the fire dissipated, she discovered that she hadn't so much as marked the surface.