7

~~Hey guys! So before I start the chapter I'll be putting the day of the week, month, day and year it is in the story. I've decided to do this so I know, and you know, what the date is in the story. On with the story!~~

{Friday, September 12, 2008}

It was a normal Friday until his mom came into his room with a party hat on, and a popper in her hand. As soon as his alarm went off his mom popped the popper, Scott not expecting the other noise sat straight up in bed. He put a hand over his heart trying to reassure his body that everything was fine.

"Happy almost birthday Scotty Buckets!"

"Hey mom."

"How is my baby boy on this wonderful morning?"

"I'm okay. Why are you dressed like that?" His mother had a nice purple blouse on, and a grey tight fitting skirt that went down just below her knee.

"I have a eight day conference that I leave for tonight." She said, a frown placed upon her gentle face. Soon her eyes started to tear up.

"Hey, hey," he cooed, "what's wrong?"

"I just don't want to leave you on your 18th birthday. You've grown up to be such a wonderful young man and I'd like to be here to celebrate with you." A few tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Oh, mom don't feel bad, I have Kirstie. It'll be fine. We can celebrate when you get back. And it's just another birthday, I'm going to have plenty of birthdays we can celebrate together."

"Scott, your going to make my cry again." She said wiping the last of her tears from her eyes.

"Well, I don't like to see you like this. It's a simple day, I'll be okay."

"Okay, thank you Scotty Buckets, oops look at the time you better get ready."

"Okay, see you upstairs." Scott said as his mom closed the door to his room.

Scott got up and got ready, he didn't have time to shower but his hair still looked amazing. He came up the stairs to see a banner that said happy birthday hung above the couch, and a few presents on the coffee table.

After he saw all that he went into the kitchen and there were chocolate chip pancakes on the kitchen island with a few different topping options.

He grabbed a few pancakes and sat down in his normal spot.  His mother joined him after a bit, but his sisters were nowhere to be found. He hadn't here's a single peep out of them all morning.

"So where are Lauren and Lindsay?"

"They left for school."

"Oh, wait....they don't have school."

"If you payed attention during dinner last night you would've known that they officially started college today."

"Oh, I didn't catch that. Sorry."

"It's fine sweet heart."

"What time is it?"

"It's almost nine thirty."