10

~~Hey babes!!!! New quarter in school means fresh grades!!! Whoop!! Which....means I have more time to write. Yay. Also, I went to Pentatonix's concert, let me just say one thing.....they were fantastic!! They are super talented and I'm an even bigger fan, if that's possible. So on with the chapter!!~~

*half an hour after the fast song came on*

The two were still dancing, if you want to call it that, outside. Suddenly a car pulled up to the driveway of Avi's house. An older looking man stepped out.

Uh-oh. He doesn't look like he belongs at a high school party. Scott thought.

The man slammed the car door shut and came stomping up the steps to the porch. A smaller, more fragile woman also stepped out of the car. She had her head down, like she was ashamed of something, or someone.

The music shut off, and all of the talking stopped.

"Avriel Benjamin Kaplan!" The man screamed. His voice raspy, and deep. Scott felt Mitch tense up in his arms.

"Yes?" Avi said in a small frightened voice.

"You better have a good explanation for all of this!"

"Yes father, I do, um..."

"That's not a good explanation. Why are there people all over my house? Why is there loud explicit music playing from those speakers? Why is there fucking alcohol in my house?" He asked all of these questions in a low, menacing tone.

"Fine, father I'll admit it, I was having a party. But mom said-" Scott had been watching from the door way, but when Avi's father slapped Avi across the face, Scott snapped.

"Don't you dare try to blame this on your mother."
His father replied coldly.

"Don't blame it on Avi either." Scott said flatly.

"Who do you think you are? What do you think your doing, giving your opinion on a topic that has nothing to do with you?" He said angrily to Scott.

"Avi's is my friend and everybody in this rooms friend," Scott gestured to all of the people in the room."we are all free, we can do and say what we want. I think all of us in this room have had an experience or multiple experiences where we were frightened of our parents. I know how it feels to be embarrassed in front of people that care about me. And right now is not the time for this conversation between you and him."

Everyone was shocked. They all saw Scott as being this quiet and shy kid, now here he is standing up to an adult at a party where there are at least two hundred people.

"Why don't you shut up and mind your own damn business."

"Dad, Scott, can we please not do this now?" Avi pleaded.

"No, I'm not going to mind my own damn business."
Scott snarled, completely ignoring Avi's pleas.

"Excuse me, who do you think you are getting involved in my business! This is my house and everyone plays by my rules!" Avi's father snapped.

"Well at least I'm not some old asshole who doesn't give a shit about his son!" This, what Scott yelled, broke the older man's patience.

As the old grouch stepped forward, his fist in a punching position, Scott ducked quickly. Just in time too. If it were even a few milliseconds later he would have got punched in the face. Scott got up from the floor, and moved over to the side. Then Avi stepped in and pulled his Dad into the other room.

After ten or fifteen minutes Avi came out and told everyone that the party was over, and that he would see them all on Monday.

Scott had gotten a ride with Kirstie, and she was staying afterwards to help Avi clean up, and with his situation with Avi's Dad he didn't really want to stick around.

"Hey Mitch." Scott hummed into Mitch's neck.

"Yeah?" He said, his voice muffled by Scott's shirt.

"Did you drive here?"

"Yeah."

"Can I get a ride home?"

"Yeah babe, I can give you a lift."

"Thanks, I drove here with Kirstie and she's staying to help Avi, so I didn't want to stick around."

"Yeah, I could see why." Mitch chuckled lightly.

"Anyways, you ready to go?"

"Yeah, let me just say goodbye to Kirstie and Avi, I'll be back in a minute."

"Ok, see you in a sec."

Mitch untangled from Scott's grip, and walked casually over to Avi, and Kirstie. Then, right after Mitch left, a man approached Scott.

"Hey, your Scott right?"

"Yeah, I'm Scott."

"Man, nice to meet you. I was supposed to introduce my self in the lunchroom, but then you were gone. Anyways, I'm Kevin. I'm Avi's best friend."

"Oh, your Kevin. Well it's nice to meet you, I've heard great things about you from Kirstie."

"Really? That's nice of her."

"Yeah, she's a great friend, we grew up together, but I moved away to Boston for a few years, then we just kinda fell out of contact. Now, of course, I'm back and we talk twenty-four-seven."

Kevin laughed a bit at his remark. After he got over his laughter he asked; "How was Boston?"

"I don't remember too much of it, just because life goes on but the one thing I do remember is meeting this really nice boy, his name is Alex. We don't talk anymore, or at least not like we used to. But I try to keep in contact."

"Yeah, I have this friend, her name is Tori, she lives in Connecticut, but we talk every Sunday. It's probably the best part of my day."

Scott observed how Kevin was smiling, and looked so cheerful taking about this Tori girl. Scott kind of had a feeling that Tori was more than just a "friend".

"Anyways, she's awesome." Kevin continued. "So how'd you meet Mitch?"

"Oh, he was sitting next to me on the bus, and I kinda fell into his lap. But we've become pretty close since that day. He's been an amazing friend, even maybe more than a friend, who knows, I really like him."

Scott was kind of off in his own dream world, he was just fantasizing about Mitch, his smile, and his beautiful brown eyes, that he didn't see Mitch standing right beside him as he said all of that.

Mitch was blushing, and had tears welling up in his eyes. He came from around the corner and hugged Scott from behind.

"Oh, hey, you ready to go?" Scott asked happily.

"Yeah."

"Okay, here, lets go." Scott took Mitch's hand in his own, and walked to the car.

~~Hey!!! So hope you enjoyed that chapter. I'm still trying to find time to update, with my "busy" schedule. But Ima try to update as often as possible!! I know it's late, at least where I live, however, I just wanted to update and give y'all something to read. So, yeah....see you #soon!!~~

WORD COUNT: 1171