Chapter 4: Marcel

As Elizabeth roamed the streets of New Orleans, Louisiana, she was looking for someone. Someone who had meant a lot to her and her family.
Marcellus Gerard.
They had believed he perished a few years ago; but it turns out he was still alive.

After an hour of searching, Elizabeth finally sees who she's looking for. She was about to call out his name, when she saw he was talking to two people; she waited until they left and he was alone.

"Marcel!" She screamed while walking towards him smiling.
"Little E!" Marcel turned around smiling.
The two old friends hugged as they reached one another.
"I've missed you" Elizabeth mumbled into his chest. Even though she was an original, he was still taller than her.
"I missed you too, E." Marcel replied while pulling away from the hug.

The two friends decided to go and have lunch at a restaurant called Rousseau's.
After eating and catching up, Elizabeth decided to finally ask him.
"Do you know where Uncle Nik has my dad?" She asked him with hope in her eyes.

Marcel didn't know what to say. Of course he knew where Elijah was, he had him for gods sake. But he didn't know what to tell her. This was her dad, and even though she was an original, she wasn't a violent person. She was practically his sister growing up. She helped him learn how to read and write. He decided he had to lie to her, for his own sake. If he told her about her dad, Klaus would kill him.

"Sorry E, I wish I knew where he was. I know how much you miss him." Marcel replied feeling guilty once he saw the look on her face. She looked so sad and all he wanted to do was tell her the truth but he couldn't.

"It's okay, Marcel. It was silly of me to think you would know where he is. I better keep looking for him. Thanks for lunch." She replied sadly. All she wanted was her father and her uncle was hiding him from her.

Saying goodbye to each other, the two walked out of the restaurant and went their separate ways.

If Marcel knew what that one lie would do to their relationship, he would've told her the truth.
~*~*~*~*~*~
I know it's super short but I realized I haven't updated in almost a month and I wanted to update for you guys.
Love,
Alyssa💜