Forgotten Hope (The Walking Dead)

Prologue

"How many walkers have you killed?"

"More then enough."

"How many people have you killed?"

"Two."

"Why?"

"If I didn't, they would've turned anyway."

The young boy's questions were absurd, but hopefully answered to his satisfaction.

It was only but, a few minutes ago that he saved my sorry butt from almost being torn apart from the flesh eaters. It's interesting to know he calls them, walkers.

He stood in front of me, humble and quiet. As he stood upon me, I took the moment to examine him, from head to toe. He wore a blue flannel, blue jeans, and sneakers. His hair was a dark brown, and shaded with the sheriff hat on his head. He looked about my age, maybe a little older.

I let out a small breath, tucking the knife my aunt had gave me in the side of my belt.

"I'm Emily." I put my hand out to shake his, but, I'm guessing he's not the friendly kind of type. He just shook it off.

"Carl.. Carl Grimes" he murmured under his breath, trying to be quiet and not draw attention to the flesh eaters outside.

If he wouldn't have shot all those rounds, they wouldn't be all be lurking around. Yet, if he didn't shoot them, I would've been the flesh eaters dinner.

"You're lucky I was out on a run, if I hadn't been here you'd probably would've died." He stated. I nodded in agreement.

I slid down away from the window, as one of the corpses approached. I hadn't notice that my breaths got heavy, Carl had place his hand over my mouth gently.

"Shh" he cooed, looking up slightly, being as carful and quiet as possible.

A gust of fear ran through my body, I've never felt so afraid in my life. It's probably because I'm not back with my sister and aunt, if only I had stayed back with them.

I pushed his hand away from my face, "how many are out there?" I asked. He looked up again.

"We could take them all, if we're quick." He said. He acted so calm, like killing these things were normal.

"I don't think I-" he cut me off, and got up quickly pulling his gun out.

"Yes you can, if you don't wanna be one of them you can" he ran out the door, and began taking them down one by one. I followed in his steps.

Carl Grimes, you are one brave soul.