Seventeen

You creep inside as if someone was about to attack you; you're utterly silent. You and Sans relax on the floor next to the couch, where Papyrus is sleeping still, his arm draped over the side.

After a little while, Sans falls asleep, too. With a little smile, you pick him up as carefully as you can and set him next to Papyrus's feet, on the other side of the couch. Bored, you wait a little while until you can't resist the urge to wake up Papyrus any longer.

Even if he does look really adorable while he's asleep.

"Hey, Papy..." you murmur, gently shaking his shoulder pad thing as you say the nickname Sans gives him.

Papyrus's eyes flutter before he opens them fully.

"NYEH?" is his response.

You can't help a laugh. "Hehe... Papyrus, can we do something together? Like, just you and me? Sans fell asleep and I'm kinda bored...."

"WHY OF COURSE, HUMAN!" Papyrus answers. "YOU AND I WILL GO EXPLORE THE ENTIRE UNDERGROUND TOGETHER! LET'S GO RIGHT NOW!"

You smile. That was exactly what you'd wanted to do.

You and Papyrus sneak past Sans up the steps, where Papyrus borrows a sweatshirt from Sans's room and gives it to you. Papyrus writes his brother a note and sticks it in the kitchen table while you get ready. As you pull the warm blue sweatshirt onto your arms and zip it up, you walk down the steps and out the door, back into the sub-zero weather.

You shiver, walking closer to Papyrus.

"Where are we going to go first?" you ask.

Papyrus takes your hand. The two of you break into a run together at exactly the same time. "FIRST, WE WILL GO VISIT UNDYNE, WHO IS MY TRAINER FOR THE ROYAL GUARD." he tells you. "IF ALPHYS IS NOT THERE, WE CAN GO TO HER LAB NEXT."

As you pass by all of the scenery of the Underground, you note that it starts to get slightly warmer. Suddenly, you're in a place Papyrus calls the Waterfall.

The name suits the place nicely. There's rivers of water flowing softly next to you on the path, and glowing blue flowers light up the way as you step past.

"It's so nice here," you comment. The rustling of the water and your footsteps is harmonious in your ears. It's exceedingly exciting and absolutely beautiful down here.

Papyrus nods. "YES, HUMAN. I THINK SO, TOO." he says a little shyly. You walk a little ways more in silence, enjoying the scenery while Papyrus's cheeks sprinkle themselves with orange Cheeto dust.

"LOOK, WE ARE NEARING UNDYNE'S HOUSE." he says, pointing ahead.

Undyne's house looks like a big fish face. You smile, thinking it strange, but almost cute, in an odd manner.

Papyrus knocks excitedly on the door that looks like the fish's mouth, and a monster almost immediately answers.

A tough-looking fish lady with blueish skin stands in the doorway, dressed in a black tank top and jeans. She has fiery red hair tied back in a high ponytail, with a rather sizable chunk in front of one eye, which is concealed by a plain black eyepatch.

"UNDYNE, I WOULD LIKE YOU TO MEET THE HUMAN I MENTIONED AT THE LAST TRAINING SESSION." Papyrus says happily, motioning toward you. So, Undyne is the fish lady.

She flashes you a huge smile, her white teeth shining in the fading light. "Hey, human. Papyrus has told me a lot about you. We're gonna be besties, right?"

You grin back at her. "My name's (Y/n). Sure, we can be besties."

Undyne pumps a fist in the air. "Yeah! C'mon inside and meet Alphys."

Inside the house is a long wall at the back that seems to be a kitchen counter, a window to the left side facing a couch and a TV, and a table with a long crack down the middle to the right. A lizard woman is sitting on the couch, watching anime. She acknowledges you and Papyrus with a shy wave and a smile.

It's getting dark outside. You hadn't realized how late it was when you had woken up.

"You two kids want to stay for dinner?" Undyne asks you and Papyrus. "We have ramen, golden flower tea, oh- and some leftover pizza."

You choose what you preferred, and Papyrus took a few slices of pizza. The four of you settled in front of the television, watching something called Fullmetal Alchemist.

Eventually, after your long travel, you and Papyrus couldn't keep your eyes open for much longer. With your stomachs filled and your mind entertained by the interesting anime, which held a lot of curse words and explicit battle scenes, you two fall asleep around two am, Papyrus's arm draped over your shoulder like a blanket.

                                   *