Chapter 3

Last night was awful. The worst. But I think I'm good now. We all fell asleep after eating some 7/11 pizza. Time to get moving. Before we left, I grabbed some water bottles for the trip. Or what used to be the trip. I also grabbed some snacks.

“What did you grab?” Haile said.

“I got us water and food. Hopefully it will last us a few more days until we can get to that Chevron we first passed.” I said.

“Here we go.”

Haile woke up in the very back seats.

“WAIT, I NEED TO GO TO THE BATHROOM.” she screamed.

“HAILE WHY DIDN'T YOU LET ME KNOW THAT BEFOREEE I STARTED DRIVING UGH!!” i yelled.

I turned back around to have to STOP go in with my friend and see that dead body.

We’re all 17.

“Okay I'll go in the store with you. Give me the bat.” I said.

She went in first. I followed. Nothing stopped us. Easy in and out. When we got back to the car, Jaden wasn't there.

“Not funny! Come out now we gotta go.” I said

Nothing.

“Come ON.” Haile said.

Silence.

My heart pounded in my chest. The bile started to rise in my throat. I felt like my stomach would come out of me. Where was she? Why was she playing around in a time like this?

“JADEN..COME OUT RIGHT NOWW!!”I yelled to the top of my lungs.

Silence.

I started to get impatient.  Then something stung me in my arm. No. Not stung. Injected. I looked down at my arm, and saw a needle in it. I felt really dizzy. And a black figure..a blur due to the bright sun behind it, swooped me up and threw me over it’s shoulder.

“Haaiilee...Hel..he..h.” I tried to speak.

“Ahhhhh!!! NOOOOOO!” I could hear her and then I was completely out.