Chapter 5

It was 12:52 pm, and Jaden was driving. She took the driver's spot once I was about 10 seconds away from falling asleep. Haile, was asleep in the back when I looked over my shoulder after awaking.

“Have you seen any walkers?” I asked

“No. Not so far.” She said.

“Oh. Good.”

Another hour passed and I asked if Jaden wanted me to take the wheel. I ended up driving.

“Wait. Look.” Jaden said.

“What?” I asked.

There was a car driving the opposite direction. To L.A.

*Honk! Honk!*

The car pulled over on the other side of the road. I switched over to their lane, and pulled over ahead of them. I woke Haile, and we all got our to warn the others.

“Are y'all alright? You honked at us?” A woman's voice said. I could see two boys in the back seats, and a man in the passenger’s seat.

“Yeah, but you guys can't go down that road! There's a deadly virus down in L.A, people are dying, but their bodies are still alive it seems, and they are out to kill. They are flesh eating freaks...you just REALLY dont want to go down that way!” I explained.

“Ahaha y'all are so funny! Why we were just going to L.A! And we haven't seen anything strange at all! We're from Texas.” The Woman said.

“I see you have to kids. Don't go down that way for their safety, and for yours. We were headed to L.A from Oregon, but we saw about 30 of these things and decided to turn back. Do you guys have a radio?” Jaden Asked.

“Yes we do. Why?” the man in the passengers seat said.

I opened the car door and turned it to the news station.

“What in the world do y'all think you're doing?” the woman said.

“Listen!” i yelled.

“The Virus seems to be spreading a LOT faster! The infected people are being held in Quarantine and to be released once the doctors find the problem. Stay indoors, or find somewhere safe to hide!” the news man said.

“See? We weren't being funny ma’am, we were just trying to help. Please don't go down that road.” Haile said.

“Thank you. We won't be going there anymore either.” the man said.

“Great. Be safe. And warn anyone you see heading that way! Don't hesitate to kill these monsters, and aim for their heads. For some reason it's the only place they get hurt and die.” I said.