Don't Let Me Fall Again

This is the sequel to ‘You Made Me Fall, But That’s Okay’, so if you haven’t read that book already, you’re going to be pretty lost while reading this, so go read it :) Just click onto my profile and it’ll be under the section called ‘My Works’, or you can just search the name up at the top of the page :)

If you’re awesome and have already read my first book, I’m so thrilled that you’ve bothered to read my next crappy book! Thank you very much! Anyway, don’t forget to comment and vote, guys! Thanks again!

*****

‘We’re all going on a rainy holiday, no more working for a week or two. Fun and laughter on our rainy holiday, no more worries for me or you. For a week or two. We’re going where the rain pours heavily. We’re going where the grass is green. We’ve all seen it on the movies. Now let’s see if it’s true. Everybody has a rainy holiday –’

‘Oh my God, Kyle, shut up!’ I growled, punching him in the shoulder. He wasn’t even singing the song properly, so that’s what made it even more annoying. We were on the plane over to Ireland, and being constantly tormented by Kyle. Actually, it was only me being tormented by Kyle, as everyone else had already fallen asleep. But I couldn’t go asleep because airplanes weren’t necessarily my favourite things … In fact, they scared the crap out of me, so I literally felt like killing the idiot sitting beside me. ‘Honestly, if you say or sing one more thing –’

‘– you’ll kill me. Yeah okay, Laura, you’ve told me that nearly a thousand times already. Oh, and I really believe you, because you’re so like that, and everything … You’d murder me with all of your girly strength,’ he scoffed.

None of us knew that Kyle was going to be coming to Ireland with us, not even Ryan or James. Actually, none of us knew that Kyle, Scott, Sam and Drake even bought tickets to go over to Ireland with us, and somehow for the exact same plane. They sort of invited themselves, and I was quite worried about where they were going to sleep. Well, if there was no room at all, they could sleep in the stable with the horses. That’d be some revenge for Kyle. Sinead was pretty easy-going about the whole thing, and thought of it as a chance to get to know Ryan and James’s friends. I was very wary about the whole scenario, though. I was already worrying whether or not my family would like my boyfriend, never mind if they liked his friends. Uncle Cormac would probably end up killing one of them …

Kyle sat up straighter and glanced nosily around at the other peacefully snoozing passengers, the people that I wished I could be. ‘Hmm … I’ve always wondered how everyone sleeps on planes. I think it’s so strange … Imagine if anything happened, like the plane suddenly gets shot down by crazy terrorists, or something … What if the engines failed? I’d want to be the first one to know, not the last like everyone el–’

‘Seriously, shut up,’ I hissed, looking around nervously and hoping no one was listening. I didn’t want anyone getting the wrong idea and thinking he was a terrorist, or planning on getting the engines to fail. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. Nothing like that was going to happen. We were going to land safely, and everything was going to be fine. There was nothing wrong with the plane. You were more likely to die from being stung by a bee than you are from flying, and that was a fact. There were no bees on the plane, either. We only had five more hours to go …

Kyle rolled his eyes. ‘You’re so hormonal nowadays. What is it? Period pain?’ he laughed, as if that was actually something to joke about. ‘I’m actually so glad I’m not a chick – Ow! Laura, stop that! Ryan has you so vicious nowadays! He’s such a bad influence on you – Ouch! Laura, stop it!’

I punched his shoulder again, even harder this time. But on the inside I was smiling to myself. Little did he know that I was going to have no more periods while my little person was in my tummy. It was fantastic, a brilliant advantage. We still hadn’t told anyone yet about the whole pregnancy thing and, to be honest, I didn’t really have a clue how to … It was a pretty big thing to tell everyone. Maybe I could announce it when we had the usual get-together after we arrived in Connemara, or at the party we always throw on the night before we’re due to leave again … I didn’t know how everyone would react, though. My family were very keen on their religion … My nanny was probably going to expect me to marry Ryan, or something crazy like that …