Prelude

Have you ever heard of a wolf begging? I mean a real, wild, strong, healthy, alpha type of wolf begging would seem like a trap. Wolves don't beg. They move on and hunt. Sometimes a person's heart can do the same. Even if they start off with years of begging for attention, affection, love, and even for their partner to just take care of some simple responsibilities; eventually, the person begging gets sick of it. Now, instead of begging they may say something, but truly once they know that their partner never chooses the choice to help make them feel appreciated and loved, silence and the unwillingness to try starts to set in. Which makes their partner think and feel like choosing anything else over them is an acceptable behavior, except for the very few and far between moments (normally left to manipulate the other person or to achieve something like physical pleasure) or the even more rare moments which are years apart (even if they are pure of intention). So, the beggar quits begging and begins to move on.

They may not be hunters (yet), but they start to emotionally distance themselves from others. You would think past experiences would warn a person, but everyone is always searching and hoping for someone to come along. Someone to be what they need in this world. Until they start to believe (thanks to family, friends, and loved ones) that they aren't going to get it in this world. Creating a lone wolf incapable of begging. A fierce hunter loyal to themselves. A lone wolf enjoys their own company and becomes accustomed to doing it all on their own. That is what happens when love is only attainable from their own hearts and not from others. That is when a wolf becomes the most empowered. That is when I became the most empowered I had ever been...until fate intervened.