Chapter 1

I woke up that morning with a weird feeling inside of me. A feeling that I've never felt before, all the girls in the Orphanage were looking at me with this funny look. I looked back at the girl in the bed next to mine and asked her "what's wrong?" She just looked back at me and said "who are you"? I'm not surprised she didn't know who I was, I just got here last night. My family was split up at sea. Our boat started sinking, they got out the rafts and all the children got on the raft first. After all the children were all on the raft, the oldest child got the paddle and took us to the closest land in sight. That was the last time I saw my parents. All the kids got sent to orphanages and I don't even know where I am. Finally, I answered and said " My name is Ericka". "Oh that's really pretty! My name Sydney" "oh I like that name" I said "So when did you get here"? "I just got here last night". She asked me how I got here and I obviously didn't want to answer her. It was just to hard to really take in and know it happened. She said she understood, she has been here for two years and hasn't told anyone how she got there.

This Weekend was adoption weekend, I felt like a dog at a shelter, Adoption day come get a new puppy! I felt so foolish... Knowing I wasn't to be picked I didn't really try to look cute. The only people I wanted were my parents. I was so done with being here already and I have only been here one night! But at least I have a friend... I think...