Chapter 2

People came in and went out. Baby Anna was picked, Gina was picked, and Sydney's sister Mckayla was picked. I felt so bad for Sydney, she cried all night and kept me and the other girls up! We all tried to comfort her but there was nothing we could do to cheer her up! We sang, made jokes, even Mrs.Reed tried cheering her up, nothing would work. Carrie and I snuck out to get her a drink and crackers. Mrs. Reed was sitting by the fire place and asked us what we were doing up. We told her we were getting Sydney a drink and crackers she said ok and told us to go back up to bed and she would get it. So Carrie and I go back up and found Sydney to be asleep. Carrie asked Sarah " How did she fall asleep "? Sarah said " she cried her self asleep".

That night I sat there thinking what if I had a sister? What if that were me? How would I feel? My eyes began to close and everything became dark. When I woke up that morning and looked over to see if Sydney was still there, she was, Sitting there silent, Staring at the ceiling, I sat up and asked her how she felt. She said she felt terrible. I said I was sorry and said we should go get something to eat. We both got in are slipper and walked down stairs to see all the girls eating pancakes. I said " hi everyone"! They all said hi back and I sat down at the table next to a girl I have never seen before. I said "Oh hi I'm Ericka, What's your name?" In a very shy voice she said I'm Nicole." oh I like that name! You know that's middle name Ericka Nicole Deala. "Wow" she said "I've never met someone who has my name as there middle name before! "Really I said? Nicole is a very popular name! "