The Bet {4}

Rhett's POV:
"What are you talking about? I am the best actor in the whole world, I'll beat you two any day." I told my best friends on the set while we were filming. Their names were Johnny and Jimmy.

"Alright, let's make a bet. You win I give you $1,000! If you lose you give me $1,000 bucks." Johnny smiled looking at Jimmy then back at me.

"Alright, tell me." I said. "Find a gay guy, make him fall in love with you, and then break his heart."

"That is way too easy." I smirked. "Then go do it. You have two months." Jimmy said. I walked out and went to the nearest bar. Surprisingly, nobody was there except for one man.

He looked about my age, which was 32, and he was at the bar not even in his phone, just staring off.

"Hey." I said going up to him. "Hi." He responded with no emotion. The other man didn't even bother to look at him, just staring down with the drink in his hand.

"Wanna talk about it?" I asked him. "About what?" He said annoyed. "Look, I can see you're hurting, I know how it feels-" I lied. "But it always helps to have someone to talk to." I continued.

"He left me." The man simply said. "What?" I asked. "He left me!" The other man screamed.

Oh gosh, this man is crazy. But he seems desperate right now with tears in his eyes, and I don't care about him so I'm going to get that $1,000 using this dude.

"Hey, we can talk about it if you want. I can't help but feel the pain you're going through, let's get out of here and go to my house." I told him.

"I see what you're doing." The other man said wiping his tears away. "You're just trying to get laid tonight! Well, you probably have a bigger dick in your ego than in your pants." And he walked away after he said that, and I was left there, completely clueless.

"Look, I'm sorry. Just going through some thought times." He said coming back in after about 10 minutes.

"It's alright, I know the pain. My boyfriend abused me." I lied. I felt terrible about it, but I had to keep my eyes on that money.

"I'm Link, and you are?" He said reaching hand out. "Rhett." I said shaking it.

Link called over the bartender. "I'll have a-" he started. "He'll have a water, same for me." I said and he gave us our drinks.

"Hey! I was gonna get vodka!" Link whined. "You've had enough." I said. "I've only had 1 glass." He muttered. "One is too many." I responded.

"I absolutely hate Jake. He was the worst. I don't have money, I can't go home, what now?" He said after taking a sip of his water. I guess he spent his money on one drink. "You could stay at my house." I suggested.

His eyes lit up as he looked at me. "Really?" He smiled. I nodded. "Wow, okay, I'll only be there for a few days, I promise."

"Living with a stranger. Life sure is crazy. Hope he's not a psychopath killer." I heard Link mumble. "Don't worry, I'm not." I laughed.

"Lord please send me a guardian angel." He said looking up at the ceiling.

"Let's go, it's starting to get really crowded." I said, and it was. More people were filling the room every second.

Link and I talked on the way out, and on the way home. It turns out, we have a lot of common interests, but different ones which we're okay with. But, my mind is set on that prize.

"So, the couch looks comfy here." Link smiled. "Yeah, I'll get you a change of clothes. You could take a shower if you want." I said.

"That'd be nice. Could I use hot water?" He asked me. "Of course." I replied and his eyes lit up.

Once he got inside it had been a few minutes, and I didn't hear any water running.

"Link, you okay in there?" I asked knocking on the door. "I can't figure out how to work this shower!" He shouted. "Never mind, I got it!" Link said as I heard the shower start.

I threw the clothes in there, and it landed in the sink, without me seeing him. About 20 minutes later, he finally came out.

"Sorry I took so long, hot water feels so nice. Haven't had it in a while. And your shirt is comfy." He said drying his hair with a towel while he was still in the living room.

I noticed it was a bit long on him, but it made him look cute. The shirt really makes his eyes pop, and the messy hair is sexy.

Damn it Rhett! Eyes on the money. $1,000. And bragging rights.

I will not let this become a really romantic story of how a bet backfired. I'm not losing $1,000.

We just sat on the couch watching T.V., and he randomly spoke out. "Why?"

"Why what?" I asked him. "Why'd you let me stay here! I'm a complete stranger, and you're letting me stay here! I've never had someone be nice to me." Link said immediately burying his face in his hands.

"Hey, it's okay! I will be here for you! Just think of this as another kind act. Everything you've done nice is finally helping you." I told him. His heavy breathing calmed down as he closed his eyes and smiled.

"Thank you." He simply said, but I couldn't help but feel guilty. Why am I even doing this? I don't need the money. I don't need to hurt him? But I need to prove I'm a better actor.

"Hey, I have something to tell you." I said to him. He looked at me giving his attention.

"I, well, this is all for an act." I said to him. "What do you mean?" He asked me. Money, money, money. Keep your eyes on the money.

"It's an act of kindness." I told him quickly. He smiled and walked away.

Gosh I feel terrible about this. Keep my eyes on those $1000.

HELLO EVERYONE! I am so happy. Rhett and Link posted on their Instagram a picture with a girl at the Walk to End Epilepsy. I have epilepsy so it meant a lot to me. I'm also that girl. I was crying so much, and Rhett and Link are the nicest people in the whole world. Goodbye my lovely ladybugs! 💜