Never Love Again {6}

"I can't deal with you! Who the hell was he?" I screamed at him feeling like ripping my hair off my head. "He was nobody! You are overreacting! This is how you always are!" He screamed back at me even louder than I did.

"You expect me to sit here quietly while I see my boyfriend leave me for an hour to talk to another guy? I can do that to you and see how you feel about me!" I yelled trying to get him to see where I was coming from.

"This is why I never said I love you back! I never loved you and I never will!" He told me still shouting a bit, but in a quieter voice.

There was a silence and I felt tears threatening to leave my eyes, and I would not blink and let him win. But he always wins. I let a tear fall.

"Wait, Link, I swear I didn't mean that." Rhett told me with a look of realization. I grabbed my wallet, keys, phone, and charger and ran to the car and drove as far as I could from there. They were all near each other.

I looked behind me and saw Rhett running after me but I just drove faster. I drove somewhere, but I had no idea where I was going. Only God knows.

I looked at the sign I was passing and it said Oregon. I guess this is far enough, I could drive more tomorrow, but I'm exhausted.

I parked and walked into a hotel booking a room. I knew Rhett might look for me so at the hotel my name is Cody Miller.

I went upstairs and charged my phone first, and then as my head hit the pillow I fell asleep. I usually dreamt of a world where everything was perfect. My imagination of perfect, but tonight Rhett wasn't in my dream.

I woke up the next morning and saw my phone was blowing up still. They were text messages from Rhett and it still wouldn't stop.

I unlocked my phone, and then went to settings right away and turned off read notifications. I starting reading his texts one by one, and he seemed worried.

But at the same time, he made me believe that he could possibly ever love me. I turned off my find my location for him and blocked his number. I never wanted to talk to him again. All those times I said I love you, I finally realized he never said it back.

I even bought a ring. I was going to propose on his birthday which is next month. I had everything planned out, but it turns out he will never love me, or ever will. He was the only family or friend I had left. My mother and father turned back on me when they found out I was interested in boys. Well, my whole family did. So did Rhett's. We only had each other.

Well, I only had him. He has other people, but he was the only person I could rely on.

I checked out of the hotel room and started driving. Once again, I was just going to keep driving until I was almost out of gas, then I'd check into a hotel.

I made sure I had the four things that I brought, and hopped in the car.

I turned on the radio and the song that Rhett and I always sang played.

"Oh, his eyes, his eyes, make the stars look like they're not shining." I said singling along but I choke on my tears and switched to another station.

"I know it hurts. I'll be the first to say that, I was wrong." The radio played and I just drove in silence after that.

(Songs are Bruno Mars 'Just the Way You Are' and 'When I was Your Man')

I heard my phone buzzing nonstop, apparently Rhett had gotten a different phone and memorized my number.

I didn't see anyone on the road or near me, so I picked the phone up and looked at the messages.