As Time Goes On

That September he lost his legs, not one but two. So depressing so very, very depressing. He cried himself to sleep for a long time. Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months, and months had turned into years. So depressing so very, very depressing. He didn't go anywhere and didn't do anything. He couldn't even look at himself in the mirror but when he did he saw nothing and he felt nothing. One day he sat in his wheelchair crying.

He said "Griffin get ahold of yourself".

Yet he still sat there crying, angry that he was acting like a child, yet for a second he forgot that he was a child. Griffin is sixteen years old with black hair and blue eyes and is 5'7 but you would have never noticed or realized it because he is always in a wheelchair. Griffin didn't like his wheelchair not one bit but he knew he needed it to get around so he stuck with it and he did what he had to do. Since Griffin lost his legs he stopped going to school (just didn't want to go anymore so he asked his mom if he can be homeschooled), stopped hanging out with friends (afraid that they would look at him differently now that he was in a wheelchair) and he stopped talking (just didn't have anything to say anymore since he lost his legs).

With all of this going on his mom was starting to get worried for him so she decided to take him to a therapist. The therapist's name was Jessie. While Jessie talked Griffin listened when she asked a question he said nothing at all, yet they always made eye contact but on this day though while Jessie talked Griffin had his head down.

Then one day when Jessie had something important to tell Griffin she said "I too have lost something important in my life". Slowly Griffin raised his head.

Jessie said "Do you wanna see?" and with this she knew that she had somehow caught ahold of his attention.