Calvin Harris (I Need Your Love)

He stares as she runs towards him. The sun behind her makes her shape all fuzzy and shiny.

"She's gorgeous."

It's an involuntary thought.

Like an immediate reaction at her presence. He feels his heart skip a beat and wonders how that happened.

How did it turn out like that?

They've always been friends and, being both fairly famous musicians, writing a song together had just sounded like a great idea.

And it was.

The song turned out perfect and both their labels and their fans loved it. And it brought them closer. Which is great, but maybe Calvin would have preferred being very close with someone he didn't have a huge crush on and who, possibly, wasn't in a relationship with a fit actor, thank you very much.

He had managed to shove this crush in the back of his mind and be normal around her, and answer her midnight drunk texts in a calm and collected manner.

He had even managed to not freak out when she had turned up unannounced and uninvited at the same restaurant he and Rita were having dinner at.

Making him choke on what, up until then, was a very tasty profiterole.

He had later discovered that Rita had called Ellie because she had known she was around there.

And of course Rita knew, because she read him like a book and he could do nothing about it.

And well, after all, Calvin was FINE. He didn't need to dwell too much on it. She wasn't his. And he could perfectly live with that, as long as she wasn't around him too much that is. And being in international deejay meant that you didn't get much free time to see your friends.

So yes, she still wasn't his, but he was safe.

Except now they were in Miami, together, to shoot the video for I Need Your Love.

And, after seeing them interact so well, Emil, the stupid producer, has decided that they're going to be a couple in it.

With kisses and cuddles and seriously, Calvin is not sure he's going to survive this.

She barrels into him, throwing her arms around his neck and he stumbles back a few steps before regaining his balance and wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

"Hey," he says.

And it sounds almost as a question.

But Calvin doesn't know what he wants to know. Why are you running? Why are you still in a relationship? Why can't you be mine? Probably all of the above.

She looks up at him, with the tight-lipped smile that makes her look like she has a million secrets and she's unsure she wants him to know about them.

"Hi!" she replies cheerfully, burrowing her head in his chest.

They're like that, they're close, and Calvin really feels like he's going to pass out.

He breathes in, her scent filling his nostrils.

What if this stupid crush has got out of hand? Maybe it has and now he's in love with her? What is he going to do?

As his mind fills with apocalyptic scenarios that include him becoming a forty-something blues singer, or him retreating to Mongolia with a yak as his only company, Emil calls them back on set.

Great, more lovey-dovey stuff.

"Okay guys, this is literally the last scene, you just walk and you catch up with her, then do whatever but be coupley," Emil says, Calvin rolls his eyes.