Past Memory

I sat in the lobby, waiting for someone to tell me how she was doing. It annoyed me that I didn't know her name. I looked up at the ceiling and closed my eyes, wishing this was still a dream and nothing else.

"Come on," she said. She grabbed my hand and started running. I looked at her, surprised by how she was in this situation. We started running away, but there was a noise, cocking of the gun. The girl heard it and pushed me out of the way before the shot sounded. She fell to the ground and I watched, too shocked to move. I heard footsteps running away from the scene, but I didn't pay any attention to it. My focus was on her and how she wasn't moving.

"Mr. Biersack?" I woke up, breathing hard and people around me with worried expressions. I sighed and looked at a man wearing green all over.

"Is she going to alright?" I asked. The man made a look, as if he was trying to decide what information to give and what information to keep. "I just need to know if she'll be okay. That's all."

The man sighed and looked at me. "If by okay you mean will she live, then yes. She'll be fine."

"But?" I left uneasy by his response.

He took a deep breath before continuing. "This isn't the first time she's come in. When her mother died and her father left, she went to a dark place. The last time I saw her as when her depression had been the worst. She..."

I held up my hand. "I think I got the idea," I said. The man looked at me, probably feeling regret about telling me this. "Is she awake?"

"No, she's been unconscious since she got here. I don't see her waking up any time soon." That last statement felt a shot to the head. "Do you want to see her?"

"No, I think I'm good," I answered. I got up and started walking to the door. I stopped in front of the door and turned my head to the man. "Can I ask you something?" He nodded his head. "What's her name?"

"Mia," he answered. I looked away from him and waved my hand as I walked out of the hospital.

Sorry I haven't updated this story in a while. Hope you enjoy this chapter. Bye!