Chapter 1

Chapter 1 Never what it seems

(Chancedes)

(text message)
(Love) Good morning babe Ily.
(Me) I love you too Jay.
Jay texted me that every morning. Me and him been together since 8th grade and were now seniors in high-school. I love that man to death. We done been through so much its crazy. But our love is still standing strong.
Anyways me Isis, Kya and Chasity been girls since elementary I love them like their my sisters. We made a bond from the very beginning. Since day one we all said we were gone be friends forever. No betrayal no secrets and no other bitch can join our circle.
But get to business its the first day of our senior year and I must say I'm ready to get this year started and completed. I can't wait to graduate and attend USC. I wanna be a ER Nurse. Being in Ohio is so boring so hell yea I'm ready to explore a whole new state.
"Cedes come on you up" Chased yelled while banging on my door.
"Yes Chase damn why you always gotta be so loud!"
I stepped out my room with a tight gray v-neck T-shirt, camouflage cargo pants, gray chucks, with my hair pinned in a tight bun with some pearls in my ears.
My brother usually takes me to school in the morning and I catch the bus home. My mom usually be gone for work about time I get up for school. I love it like that. I swear that lady has a spell on me. Even from work she makes sure I'm at school and home by dark time. I love that she's always at work.though cause I be sneaking Jay in. Plus Chase always out somewhere in them streets. Guess my mom was keeping tabs on the wrong child huh.

Isis

First day of senior year and I must say I'm excited. But not cause its my last year but because its the last year that I will be staying with my father. Don't get it wrong I'm not being forced to leave I'm able to leave. Ill be 18 by the time I graduate so I will be chucking up the deuces to my father and his family. I hate his wife she stole my father from my mom and every since then my mom ain't been the same. She started using drugs to ease her pain. I was 12 years old when my father decided to get full custody of me and I ain't seen my mom every since. I miss her like hell but the way my heart is I shut people out in a heartbeat.
Anyways after high-school I plan on getting a job, save up and travel. I know Cedes probably think ima go to college with her but I need a break from school. I need freedom.
I love Cedes but sometimes she can be stuck in some fake world that's made up in her mind. Like for example her and James been together for so many years and she swear her life is a fairy-tale. "I tell her all the time unwrap yoself from that nigga cause he gone hurt you in the end." But she don't listen to me. I mean don't get me wrong I'm happy for my girl but I've seen all this before. Girl falls in love and boy breaks her heart.
Anyways I catch the bus to and from school. Every morning I get up my father wife has breakfast ready and she always tries to start a conversation with every morning it never fails. Like bitch its been 5 years now I DONT LIKE YOU. My father be gone to work about time I wake up. Thank God cause he always nagging about my outfits.
"You know your father wouldn't approve of your outfit."
Damn she just had to start with me this morning.
"Mmmm welp my father is not here now is he?" I waited for her to ask my question.
"You know its about time we got along and start trying to build a relationship Ice."
"Look my fathers wife why must we go through this time and time again. I don't like you. I don't even like my father."
With that being said I walked out the door. I mean don't get me wrong I appreciate my father for taking care of me since my mom choose to do drugs but if he would have never cheated and left her for his wife we would still be a family. And I don't see myself ever forgiving him for that. My girls be thinking because I live in a nice house, my father has nice money, I rock nice clothes and all that, that my life is all happy. But nah I miss my mother like crazy. Me and my father don't have no tight relationship. If he ain't fussing at me then he's lecturing me.

Kya

Senior year about to be a breeze for me. All I need is four more credits then I'm done. So Ill actually be done in December instead of June. I been applying to colleges too. My top pick is USC. I know Cedes been talking about it too. Shit I hope we all go. Ice talking about she don't wanna go to college. Shit soon as I graduate I'm out this bitch. I can't stand my strict ass parents. Always got be on lockdown and shit. I gotta sneak out and go to the store. That's how strict they are. Smh.
Shit they don't even know I been in a 3 year relationship. I been hiding because I already know they would not approve. But yea me and Keno been rocking for awhile. I met him my freshman year. He was a sophomore. From the first day we met its been a drag. Its like one minute we cool then next minute we not. Not only that I gotta deal with bitches from left and right. Shit my girls don't even know the half of what I go through with dude. When.I make him made he be disrespecting me, calling me out my name and shit. But other times he can be the sweetest person. He shows me the affection that my body yearns for. I love him. Yea I know I deserve better but for some reason I just feel like maybe one day he'll change.
Anyways Keno dropped outta school his junior year and started selling drugs. I tryta talk.him.into atleast getting his GED. In the back of my mind I wonder what we home do when I leave for college. Maybe he'll give that street life up to start a new better life.
Anyways I'm in first period, just sitting back listening to the teacher. I don't say to much of nothing. I wish me and the girls had class together shit then maybe the time will go faster.