IRENE

Irene is the leader of RED VELVET. She is also a main rapper and main dancer of the group.

She's the oldest member, with the age gap being 8 years between her and the maknae of the group.

She is known for her head-turning beauty and her intimidating, yet charismatic appearance.

*STAGE NAME: Irene

*REAL NAME: Bae Joohyun

*NICKNAME: Hyunah(it's what her mother calls her) and Baechu

*POSITION: Leader, main rapper, main dancer

*BORN: March 29th, 1991

*HOMETOWN: Daegu, South Korea

*ASTROLOGICAL ZODIAC SIGN: Aries

*CHINESE ZODIAC SIGN: Goat

*FAMILY: Parents and a younger sibling.

*HEIGHT: 161 cm

*WEIGHT: 44 kg

*BLOOD TYPE: A

*HABITS: Holding hands and linking arms

*PERSONALITY: Shy

*FAVOURITE FOODS: Anything except for chicken. She says that eating chicken makes her feel ill.

*FAVOURITE HOBBIES: Dancing, cooking seaweed soup

*FAVOURITE COLOUR: Pink and purple

*FAVOURITE MOVIE: The Notebook

*FOVOURITE MUSIC: Quiet and comfortable music. She also likes ballads and rock.

*FAVOURITE NUMBER: 43. because it means "I Love You" in Korean

*FOVOURITE TYPES OF CLOTHES: Something clean and simple. Like pants and a t-shirt

*FAVOURITE MOTTO: "Concentrate on lifting up the mood, like the lyrics in our song 'Happiness'." Or "Focus on things that bring my mood up".

*IDEAL TYPE: Someone who is a warm

FUN FACTS

· She collects notes, diaries and purple things

· She likes to create mind maps to create an illustration oh her thoughts and things she has learned. It's her way of coping with stress.

· She loves good fragrances.

· If she could pick her roommate, she would pick Wendy. Wendy is very clean person.

· She was part of the SM Rookie's pre-debut team.

· Before debuting, she starred in SHINee's "Why So Serious" music video.

· She starred in Henry's "143" music video.

· She starred in Kyuhyun's "Gwanghwamun"music video.

· She has been with SM ENTERTAINMENT since 2009.

· She wants to be a leader who can communicate a lot and listen to her members.

· As an SM Rookies, she was part of the "Be Natural" and "My Girlfriend Irene" videos.

· She had pictorials in SM's "The Celebrity" magazine and "OhBoy!" magazine.

· People call her the 2nd.

· In Daegu, she was famous for being and Ulzzang(pretty face)

· She has a "Satoori" accent.

· She is a very flexible person.

· She is insecure, so she needs a lot of reassurance and compliments.

· On May 1st, 20165, she became an MC for Music Bank.

· She was a trainee at the same time as f(x). She became very good friends with Amber.

· She wanted to become a celebrity because she liked singing and dancing. She loved the feeling she got when she stood up on stage at talent shows.

· As a trainee, everyone thought she was scary. She didn't speak much and had a strong Daegu dialect.

· She is the shortes of the Red Velvet members.

· People mistake her for the youngest members.

· She seems shy and serious on-stage. but the members say she is very playful and child-like off-stage.

· She excels at modern dance.

· She likes going to Ttukseom Island at Hangang River to meditate.

· She also like visiting folk museums.

· She's very kept to herself. She doensn't like sharing her problems.