Memories

"Who you been crying to, who you been flying to, who's bed are you sleeping in, because someones been hiding you" -Drake

Aujanee

Its the ass crack of dawn and my older brother gone come in my room singing 'From Time'. Between him and the birds, I don't understand how I sleep. I felt something hot as shit on my face, then I heard snoring... Tf. Now I know I ain't sleep with this boy on the phone all night. Damn. I check my phone and sure enough, its C.T. I heard a yawn, then the sexiest morning voice say "goodmorning sunshine" I smiled harder than a rock. This boy was really something. When talking on the phone last night he told me about hisself. His story. It wasn't a sobb story, but it sure as hell wasn't no fairytale. His dad was a dick. He knew that. I told him my story also. Its crazy how much we got to know. With no judgement involved. I failed to mention my over protective brother, Markel. Markel is 22 and has a pshyco girlfriend. Her name was Tameka, and her hands were crucial. Don't get me wrong she was rocking with my brother 5 years strong, she wanted people to know what's hers.. Is hers. My brothers hands were like a disease, you didn't want to catch. He fought every boy who did me wrong, voluntarily. He pissed me off, but best believe... I was my brothers keeper. He had my best interest. More than both my parents. I was afraid to tell him that C.T was my new friend. He may have graduated a while back, but he knew about the people at school. If I tell him about C.T he gonna try to get some type of info about him, and the only thing that will come back is that he is a player. And my brother sure doesn't want that for me. C.T seemed real, like he can do more than just walk around with his head high.

***** Last nights conversation *****

"Hello? "I answered confused by the area code

"Hey ma, wassup?" That voice  was too familiar, and it made me smile. "Hey, wassup C.T?" He coughed then replied "talking to my future wife, what about you" I smiled "listening to your smooth ass TRY" He started laughing. That laugh.. Good God. We had been talking for about 2 hours before I started to doze off. He was talking about some girl, I think his ex. I guess she wanted back with him... Wtf am I gonna do. He was with her for a long time, why wouldn't he go back to her? We just met, but I wasn't ready to loose him. It was Saturday and I ain't have shit to do. I invited him to my house so we could chill and he said yes with no hesitation. I told him I would be ready around 2 o'clock. I wasn't about to have him seeing me the way I wake up. No no no. As I was hopping in the shower I heard my phone ringing. My ex. The same nigga that had sex with my best friend, then tried my sister. Yeah. Hatred filled my heart but tears filled my eyes.

***FLASHBACK***

"Hey baby, you texted me and said you wanted to talk? " he looked at me as I got out my car "yea, come sit down". He had this look in his eyes that I've never seen before. It scared me. "What's wrong? " he looked at me "I wanted to tell you before you found out from somewhere or someone else" he hesitated and took a deep breath "Mariah and I slept together at jays party... We were drunk.." Confusion, Hurt, and hate filled me. "Drunk? REALLY? You were drunk and that's an excuse?!  You had sex with my bestfriend, at a party that you told me not to go to because you weren't going for long... I been with your bum ass for 3 fuckin years. Buying you shit with MY money, taking you places with MY car, I turned down applications from Spellman FOR YOU! Who the fuck was there for you?! But you get drunk and fuck my bestfriend.... Nigga fuck you. I'm done with your bullshit. This is the last time you will EVER hurt me. I'll have my brother take all the shit I have of yours to your house for you. I'm done." I got up, with tears stinging my eyes and hurt cutting deeper and deeper in my heart, and walked out of his house.. And his life.

***END OF FLASHBACK ***      

It still stings abit. And holding my phone in my hand with his name on the caller id, my heart dropped and my tears filled with tears of hurt, tears of hatred, most of all... Tears of confusion. Seeing his picture and number took me back to a place I didn't want to be. Why was he calling me... Why now?!  Life has a funny way of saying 'fuck you'.