My rock

"you are my rock, baby your the truth.

you are my rock, I love to rock with you.

you are my rock, your everything I need.

you are my rock, so baby rock with me." -Beyonce

"Felicitaciones! I have waited for years my angels! aw." My mommy squealed with excitement.

me and CT just stared at eachother smiling.

I can't believe God blessed me with such an amazing man. I look into his eyes and I see heaven. This was a man I'm going to spend the rest of my life with. Through sickness and in health, till death do us part. That's our promise to each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later on that night, me and CT were laying on his bed and I told him that he would be my first and he would be my last. He looked at me wide eyed because he didn't believe me, but he had no choice but to believe me. he knew that I was a virgin he's known this for a long time. He knows all of my ex's broke up with me because I wouldn't lose my virginity you them.

When he looked at me he gave me butterflies in my stomach because I knew that this man really did love me. For the first time someone really does love me other than my family. A real genuine love. And when he smiled I knew that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me I knew that I will never have to worry again and I knew that my life would never be the same again.

" baby, you know how much I love you?"

I looked at him "oddly, yes"

he looked up at me with those eyes "So you know that I would never hurt you and I would do anything for you?"

"Yes so whatever you're trying to say, just spit it out..." I was getting a little nervous .

"I would die for you and I would kill for you"

"Ditto" I said looking at his eyes.

"The day you walk down the aisle and say your vows we in this for life, you understand?"

"yes"

"and I want me a whole bunch of kids! I want a house full. so my legacy will FOREVER live on through them, even when I'm long gone."

I smiled "you lookin to adopt, because I don't think my body is capable, baby"

he laughed "God will make it possible, I promise."

I looked up and grinned "I believe it."

----------------------------

" I want grandkids before I go..."

"ma, stop talking like that. you gone get some grandkids after we married." I looked my mommy in the eye.

"listen baby, I know its hard to accept death but it has to come sooner or later. and if I die today, i want you yo know how proud of you, i am! you've grown into a beautiful young lady, and I praise God for you, Markel, and Carter everyday. you made me smile since the day you were born, and I've loved you since you were conceived. Your dad may not have been there, but that didn't change anything. don't ever forget to stay true to yourself, if its the last thing you do, mija."

my eyes were full of years as I looked my mommy in the face. She looked so tired. The joy in her smile is slowly dying, and the glimmer in her eyes have surly faded away, I love my mommy and I can't imagine how it would feel to lower her 6ft under. I couldn't.

"mommy, you want something to drink?" I asked while wiping the tears falling from my eyes.

"no, mija. I'm just gonna lay down now."

"ok, you need help to your bed?"

"no, angel. I think I got it" she said with a small smile.

as she walked out of the room silent tears fell from my eyes. I listened till I heard her bedroom door close, and then I broke down.

How could I be loosing my mom! my everything! the woman who carried me and raised me. the woman I've grown to love unconditionally. I can't loose her. not now. I'm just starting my life. I can't say goodbye to my mother while saying hello to my life. I just can't. I can't.

I fell asleep on my mommas couch and woke up around 7:30 pm with 6 missed calls from CT. I automatically called him back to see if he was ok.

"I missed your voice" I could practically hear his big ass smile over the phone.

"I'm on my way home now, lemme just load my momma dishwasher, aight ?"

"ight den, I love you baby."

"I love you too"

after I got done loading the dishwasher I slowly crept into my momma's room to check on her. she was fine, so I kneeled down beside her and prayed. after I got done I gave her a kiss on the forehead and walked to my car, locking her front door on my way out.

my phone started playing 'you are my rock' and I smiled knowing it was my baby calling.

"baby, look I'm on my way home no-"

"ma'am, I'm sorry to inform you, but a man under the name Carter Thompson has been shot and severely wounded on 5 ave. and Williams st. he is being rushed to waltsburg hospital. you were listed under emergency contacts, do you understand or have any questions?"

"uhhh...." I was in shock and started shaking.

"ma'am?"

I hung up and rushed to the hospital.

Not now, please God don't take him away from me. please. I can't make it without him... not now.. not ever..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this chapter wasnt edited.

cliff hanger or Nah? Lmao, keep them votes and comments coming. Y'all don't realize how much of a difference it makes when y'all vote and comment, y'all motivate me! tell me how you feel, or what you think may happen. thank y'all.

-Erica cee ♡