I've missed you

Jess walked into the loft to be greeted by Schmidt, Winston, Cece and Nick all having a beer as celebration for her arrival back from jury duty.

"Hey guys!" Jess excitedly yelled as she slipped into the room.

She gave them all a hug as she grabbed a beer and popped the lid off for a drink.

"To me! Cheers!" They all cheered.

"We missed you Jess" Schmidt exclaimed sincerely.

"I'm sure you did." Se looked at him with a cheeky grin.

"The cat missed you to!" Winston said.

"We have a cat?" Jess asked awkwardly as the loft began to fill with laughter.

Later that night - Jess awoke to sounds of the new cat screeching at her bedroom door. She put on her dressing gown and walked out of her room, surprised by the sight of Nick sitting on the couch watching replays.

"Can't sleep?" Nick asked.

"Nope, this cat who still doesn't seem to have a name, won't stop scratching at my bedroom door. I assume you can't sleep either?" Jess examined.

"His name is Pretzel... or Peanut... or Winston JR.. God knows with Winston's imagination! Anyway, no I can't sleep. May I suggest a late night binge out for old times sake? I've already opened the packet of chips.." Nick tempted Jess so she complied.

"I don't see why not. It's not like I'll get to sleep anyway."

Jess took a seat next to Nick, sharing his old brown fluffy blanket hat he's had for years. They say eating the opened packet of chips and sharing a bowl of chocolate pods when Jess interrupted with a mouth full of food.

"I've missed this." Nick then replied with a giggle due to the crumbs falling out her Jess' mouth and then he ended with a sigh.

"To be completely honest Jess, I've missed YOU. I've missed these late night chats, you hogging the blanket when you slept next to me and most of all, I miss that look you use to give me when we were together." Jess sat silently looking into Nicks eyes, knowing that he's telling the truth. She then broke out with a flattered smile.

"Who knew Nick Miller could be so good with words?"

They both then stood up awkwardly until Jess broke the silence again.

"Goodnight."

She kissed him on the cheek and started walking towards her bedroom. Nick was left standing there alone, just after pouring his heart out.

"Oh and Nick.."

Jess stopped and turned to face Nick but whispered to avoid waking up everyone in the loft. Nick just replied with a nod for her to continue.

"I miss you too." She continued, now looking at Nick the same way she use to when they were together.

Nick planted a smile on his face and they both went back to sleep.