Chapter 1

~~ So hello everyone! This is a short story, I got obsessed with it and wrote it, it is not finished still but I hope you enjoy it. xox!~~

What are the odds that your college graduation day ends up being the same day as your birthday day, congrats to me. So instead of getting the family dinner I was hoping for I got myself a big bday party to which not only our whole pack was invited, my dad being the popular alpha he was also invited other packs. So, after spending all day at the graduation ceremony and taking the thousands of pictures my parents and friends wanted to take, I now have to leave the confines of my bedroom to join the party, I looked at my reflexion on my full body length mirror one final time, and even if being a werewolf gave you good complexion and usually a nice body, beautiful was not an adjective I would use to describe myself. A little over the shoulder length brown hair, light green eyes and lightly tanned skin, made me as normal as a girl could be. But I was finally happy with myself after years of struggling and I could only hope that when I meet my mate, he does not focus on my many flaws.

Moving myself from the mirror I lifted the skirt of my dress to put on the shoes that my mom bought specifically for this dress, which I have to say is a master piece, navy blue strapless and mid-thigh but had a long tulle skirt, making it look ca...

Moving myself from the mirror I lifted the skirt of my dress to put on the shoes that my mom bought specifically for this dress, which I have to say is a master piece, navy blue strapless and mid-thigh but had a long tulle skirt, making it look casual but elegant.

I heard the footsteps approaching my room and turned to look to the door just as Phil my 24 year old brother and future alpha of the Black Wolf pack came in.

"Hey Val? Are you planning on coming down to your party any time soon?" He was looking at a paper in his hands when he came in, but when he looked at me he just smiled "You look amazing Val"

"Thanks Phil, you don't look so bad yourself" I smiled as he rolled his eyes, I knew that the suit jacket and formal pants was not his choice of outfit, that was all my dad, if it was up to Phil, he would sport kaki shorts and polo or t-shirt all-day everyday.

"Funny, so what you coming down or not?" He raised an eyebrow

"Yeah, I think I have postponed it as much as I can, I am now officially 30 minutes late to my party" I walked towards the door

"Well, it's called fashionably late according to Anna" he chuckled and offered his hand for me to take "but you are on the verge of being ugly late"

"What on earth does ugly late mean?" I laughed and took his hand as we walked through the hallway to the stairs

"Why would I know? Anna is always saying that we have to be fashionably late but not ugly late" If you are wondering Anna is his mate, they've been together for 3 years and are getting married this year, unlike many werewolves, my dad raised us to understand the logical part of relationships, not to give in the first second to our physical instincts of wolves. Some people say it is quite hard, and Phil says that sometimes he just wants to give in, but apparently, he says that is has been worth it, that now they know each other in a way that takes years for werewolves to know and understand their mates. Jumping into bed and into a wedding and immediately afterwards having pups gives you cero to none time to get to really know your mate.