Chapter 19

WARNING. Very short chapter ahead. I'm sorry guys!

Something I was not aware of was that Black Moon had a ballroom, I almost laughed when Alexandre stirred me to the entrance. People were mingling, women wearing long dresses and men sharp suits; for once I felt like I belonged and not stood out, but as we walked through the people I could feel eyes on me. I couldn't help but feel self-conscious, I knew they were looking because of Alexandre so why oh why did I accept to coming with him? If I had known this would happen I... would I have said no? My wolf snorted And let Lana claw her paws? he is ours.

I rolled my eyes at her, of course she was the possessive one; I wonder how Alexandre would react to Lana? I shook those thoughts away, if I wanted this to work I need to start trusting him.

"Everything ok?" his whisper sending a wave of tingles down my back. I nodded.

"What do you do every year in this event?" he raised his eyebrows

"Mingle? I don't know, usually talk to your brother. Last year I danced" he shrugged "but I hated it, I was kind of forced to do it and I hated how that woman was insinuating things" I chuckled, "I see, my misery brings you joy"

"Maybe" he shook his head in mock hurt and I smiled, "by the way, should I be worried about anyone?"

"Worried? What do you mean?" I sighed, this was going to be awkward.

"Yeah, is there any woman that might think she can be the luna of your pack? Like a past girlfriend or a fling?"

"I've only ever had two girlfriends" he sighed and I felt a knot in my stomach "but those were before I turned 18, both of them have found their mates and live happily in the pack. As of flings, I don't do that" he was looking straight to my eyes as he said that and I gave him a small smile.

"Thank you for telling me, it's just... I don't know if I would be able to"

"Alexandre is that you?" I was interrupted by none other than Lana. He didn't look too happy to see her though and I wondered why. She noticed me a few seconds after looking him up and down "Valerie right?"

"Her name is Valentina," The coldness in his voice gave me chills "is there anything you need? We were kind of in the middle of a conversation"

"I..." she stumbled over her words "I'm sorry I wanted to see if you wanted to dance, we had such a good time last year" so this was the woman he had to dance with. I felt a smirk on my face as I recalled his words.

"Perhaps at a later time?" I placed my hand on his arm "I really need to finish this conversation with Alex and he owes me a dance, I had to convince him to dance with me since he said he had a bad experience and didn't want to" I put the most innocent smile I could muster as I talked to her.

"Oh, um sure, I'll come back later"

"Thank you Hanna," I pulled Alexandre to the dance floor "now we have to dance" I grumbled as I put my hand on his shoulder and he grabbed my other hand.

"What was that?" I detected surprise in his voice.

"I'm sorry, would you like to go dance with her?"

"Hell no" I nodded

"Good then I don't see the problem" Let's be honest here, my wolf wanted to rip apart that woman and she took charge.

"So you don't like dancing?" I shrugged as we swayed.

"Not a situation where I'm comfortable"

"Why?" I was surprised he didn't remember.

"Would you really like me bringing up the past?" I asked honestly, "I'm letting go little by little" his eyes held remorse and I wanted nothing more than to change that, but he did need to understand where I was coming from.

"I'm sorry"

"And you need to stop apologizing, I know you are sorry" I gave him a small smile.

"I won't stop apologizing, but I'll try to show it rather than say it, how about that?"

"I'm glad we can come to an agreement" we were silent for a while.

"It seems I don't dislike dancing so much when it's with you"

"That makes two of us" and I wasn't lying, I was enjoying myself. Perhaps being with Alexandre might not be as horrible as I think.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short but sweet. If you liked it don't forget to vote or comment, I'd appreciate it very much!

Stay safe!

MT