Chapter 1: History

"Ow!" I cried out in pain at the tightening of my corset.

The maid, Jill, was tightening it for me while her daughter, Yanka, whom was older than me by a year, kept me occupied by looking for some jewelry to match my Gown.

"How about this one my lady? It's rather beautiful, it brings out your eyes, if I may say." She spoke softly.

"Then I will wear them Yanka, thank you. Now, be a dear and tell my father I'll be ready shortly. I say, he may Wait the car, don't you think so Yanka?" I asked with a smile while placing a 24 karat gold bracelet on my wrist.

"Yes my lady, as you wish." She bowed, "If you'll excuse me." She stood awaiting my response.

"You are excused." I spoke as Jill placed a diamond necklace on my neck that rested just under my collarbones.

We had struggled with the ball gown seeing as it was the most expensive gown I have ever had and not to mention, extremely delicate and elegant. It's design was amazing it would leave everyone staring at me and only me.

"Ready?" Asked my big brother James popping his head into the room.

"Yes, James." I smiled. He took my hand in his and walked us out the room.

Silently we got in the car and the driver drove us to the ball in the neighboring Pack Kingdom.

When we arrived the servants greeted us and the king himself showed us to our waiting rooms. Where we were to wait to be introduced.

A few minutes later and a couple of reassuring smiles from James, we were ready to be announced.

We walked up to the top of the stairs of the extravagant grand foyer where we both parted ways and awaited to be called. Very important people awaited us at the end of the stairs drinking wine and discussing about their own families and rulings.

The doors opened and James went ahead of me, "Prince James Mikael Alexander Rutherford." They announced. The conversations that were going on downstairs immediately died. James kissed my cheek and walked gracefully down the stairs and awaited my arrival. Quickly I fixed my hair and my Gown before taking a deep breath.

"Princess Adelina Nicolette Rutherford." I walked quickly but gracefully down the stairs and smiled my best at the guests.

"Welcome." I greeted the ones closest to me.

They bowed to me as soon as my feet reached the last step, "Princess." They all greeted.

I nodded in acknowledgment before I was pulled into James' side. He whispered in my ear, "stay close to me." Before kissing my temple and placing a stray hair over my ear.

The doors to the ball room were opened Walking through the doors I put on my best smile and occasionally said hello to the guests.

"Smile brighter, you look like you're being forced. I don't exactly want to look like a kidnapper." James whispered in my ear between smiles.

I dropped my smile and turned to look up at him, "I can always scowl at them, I hate this." I murmured to him.

He pulled me slightly to keep walking. I obliged but pinched his side cautiously to grab his attention. He glanced quickly at me but went back to smiling at the guests until we reached the end of the room and the red carpet ended. We turned around and awaited the party to start.