The March

Rhys

Rhys turned and ran towards the edge of the deck and yelled to Justin "get off your sick ass, I heard that your seasickness will go away if you look at land".
Rhys watched him stumble towards the edge of the deck and grinned.
"Were almost there" Rhys said gesturing at the coast of France. "Whatever" Justin said, clearly annoyed.
"Don't 'Whatever' me sunshine, i know that i'll take down more huns than you" grinned Rhys. "At least I didn't get my ass handed to me by Commander Farr" Justin smirked raising an eyebrow.
Before Rhys could say something back  Commander Farr yelled out "WE WILL BE ON LAND IN A FEW MINUTES, GET INTO FORMATION"

                             ****

Rhys got into formation next to Justin, he shot him a wink and grinned.
The ship rocked as it hit the shoreline and the squads marched out of the ships.
Rhys was impatiantly muttering under his breath as the battalion marched to western front, which the french quickly built, after pushing the germans back to the right corner of France.
Rhys stopped muttering as Justin said with an eyebrow raised "don't be so impatient you want to be in a war zone in this cold weather"
"We can put on extra layers" Rhys said callously. Justin shook his head sighing.

                              ****

After a few days marching they were past Paris and close enought to here the artillery and the screams of wounded soldiers. Rhys was in Limbo between fear, anticipation, and excitement. "Almost there" Rhys breathed.
Justin barely heard him and joked "getting cold feet are you".
"Im too cold to give you an awesome comeback" Rhys groaned and Justin let out a chuckle.

                             ****

When the british battalions arrived at the trenches in the north to split the german army in half so the french trenches down south have a better chace.
Rhys and his comrades had run into the trenches to avoid getting shot. Rhys couldn't believe that they lost at least 10 men before they even got into the trenches.
Rhys yelled out "JUSTIN"... "JUSTIN"... "JUSTIN"... "IM HERE" yelled out a grief stricken Justin.
Rhys ran over to Justin and helped him up from the floor.
"Jesus man, we were not prepared for that" Justin gasped.
"I know" shivered Rhys "I saw at least 10 people get shot down, few of them still alive, just... bleeding out"
Before Rhys could continue they were grabbed by another squad and were put into a formation.

                             ****

Rhys watched the commanding officers talk about where to put the battalions. After an hour or so of planning Rhys watched his battalions commander briskly walk towards them and cursed under his breath as the commander yelled out that they were right on the front line.