Lovers

Night

As Mathea is about to remove her crown, she senses a familiar presence at her doorway. "Why are you just standing there? Come in." She says putting down her crown. Suddenly, a hand grazes her neck as she leans her head back, eyes closed. Lips touch her jaw as warm hands take hers.

"Oliver," she breathes, opening her eyes and looking into the one's of her lover. Oliver is her head Warrior whom she has been having an affair with for years. Mathea knows she has no mate, she was told many years ago that she was unworthy of one. But Oliver was there to be her companion, no attachments of a mate title.  His mate was killed in a rogue raid, leaving his heart open for his Queen.

"It will be harder for me to sneak away to you. There will be thrice as many people on  the palace grounds as per usual. I will be busy for the next months to come training them." Oliver says as Mathea runs her fingers through his short black hair, looking into his dark velvety eyes. "I know you'll find a way. You always do." He trails his hands down her body as he pushes her against the bed, hovering over her.

"Just kiss me already."

Lips meet and a passionate kiss is shared between the two. "I'll be just a call away my love," Oliver whispers into his Queen's ear. The  Queen shudders and brings him in close again.

The Next Day

Mathea sighs as her most trusted maid, Lily, brushes her long silvery hair. "Your highness, how shall I display your hair today?" Lily asks softly. Mathea glances at Lily's reflection in the mirror. Her standard maid outfit is pressed and ironed perfectly, not a peep of gray hair out of place. "Braided back, I am planning on making a visit to the training grounds." Lily nods, twisting her Queen's hair into a silver tail.

"Thank you Lily, you are dismissed." Mathea tells her as she stands up.

~

Mathea watches from the balcony as Oliver orders all of the trainees in place. He then separates them into groups, placing a Warrior for each.

"My dear Mathea, please tell me you are not thinking of going down there." Cain says as he stands next to her. "If they are to fight and defend my kingdom, then they should know the face of their leader." Cain only sighs,.

The Queen makes her way down to the training grounds, her eyes narrowing in on Cordelia. That wretched beast.

Oliver notices Mathea walking toward him, causing his heart to beat faster. Her gold eyes meet his and she gives a small, hint of a fleeting smile. "Alpha Queen," He bows down low. The trainees snap to attention and shout, " Hail Alpha Queen!" Mathea takes note of Cordelia's scowl. Her hazel eyes meet hers and Mathea smirks.

"Welcome trainees. You will be training to become my next set of Warriors. Out of two hundred of you here, I will only take fifty to be apart of my guard. My Elite Warriors will be in charge of your training. You do anything to disobey an order, you will be punished immediately. I will not hesitate to bite your head off if I so much as catch you rolling your eyes. I'm I understood?" Mathea says icily.

"Yes Alpha Queen!" 

Suddenly, Mathea feels a pull at her heart. It feels as if something is pulling her towards something else. Her heart flutters an she looks around the grounds to see what could be affecting her. Not seeing anything but the faces of her soon to be soldiers, she shakes her head and walks back into the castle.