Set Up

Cover coming soon. Prequel to Grand Theft Paw Patrol. However, I wrote this first and didn't intend to make a related crossover.

  Ryder was looking through the finances of the Paw Patrol. The Paw Patrol was non-profit. The only form of payment they accepted was treats for the pups. Ryder was able to make most repairs on the trucks and the lookout himself, and a lot of broken parts could be cleverly fixed by Rocky, but there was the occasion where they couldn’t get things fixed, because they have no money for parts.

  There was that one time Chase blew the engine on his police cruiser. A Chevy 5.3 liter Vortec engine is one of the most common engines on the road, but you still can’t rebuild an engine without new parts. They had to pull a favor for the supplier of the engine parts. The only little bit of spending money Ryder actually had was spent on the Paw Patroller. That was just for parts, which a lot had to be donated, then Ryder, Robodog, and a few other people had to assemble it.

  Now, Ryder had to figure out how to get some money, without taking payment from anyone. He could start a fundraiser, but only the people of Adventure Bay would participate. Mayor Humdinger would probably try to stop the fund raiser.

  Meanwhile, the pups were playing around. Rocky and Marshall were observing each other’s trucks.

  “Why haven’t you fixed the cracked GPS screen on your truck?” Rocky asked.

  “Ryder has to buy a new screen for it. He hasn’t been able to.”

  “Well, check out the clutch on my truck. I had to use some recycled parts to make it function again.”

  “Ryder is tripping! He hasn’t been able to get anything new!”

  “It might now be his fault,” Chase said, “We do everything ourselves. We don’t pay anyone to fix anything, and we don’t have any kind of income, so we don’t have money for parts.”

  “We’re the Paw Patwol! Of course we got money, dude!” Zuma said.

  “I wouldn’t be so sure. All of our food is donated by Mr. Porter. Everything we use to fix parts is from Rocky’s truck. I don’t think we can buy new things!” Skye said.

  Meanwhile, Ryder got a call from Mayor Goodway.

  “Hey Mayor Goodway! What’s up!”

  “Hey Ryder… uh… I don’t do this often, and I really don’t want to do it, but I have to. I have to ask for some money, I’ll pay you back.”

  “How much do you need?”

  “More than I have.”

  “I’m afraid the Paw Patrol doesn’t have any money either, we’re non-profit. Maybe you can ask Cap’n Turbot, sorry Mayor Goodway.”

  “The Paw Patrol doesn’t have money!? This is a disaster.”

  “We never have. We work for reputation and treats for the pups.”

  “You need to get some money! The Paw Patrol needs money!”

  “Don’t worry, Mayor Goodway, we’ll figure it out. No job is too big, no pup is too small!”

  Ryder slid out the pup pad, “Paw Patrol, to the lookout!”

  The pup’s tags lit up, “Ryder needs us!”

  All the pups rushed to the lookout. All the pups ran into the elevator being trailed by Marshall, who saw a dollar.

  “Hey a dollar!”