The Heist

Robodog honked the horn on the Paw Patroller. All the pups except Chase ran  out of the Paw Patroller and into the trees, where they put on their masks and got ready for the heist.

  “Alright pups, move in quiet! Don’t get caught!” Ryder said through the radio.

  They slowly moved towards the bank, “Alright, Marshall, it’s your job to take out the cameras. Skye, you have the best eyes, tell him where to shoot.”

 “I’m fired up!”

  Skye had to lift her fox mask to locate the cameras. She collaborated with Marshall, who had to struggle to see through the clown mask fitted for Rocky and shot the cameras with his water cannon, which now shot mini  artillery cannon rounds.

  “You’re up, Rubble!” Ryder said.

  “Rubble unsure if he’s on the double,” Rubble said.

  Lacking confidence, Rubble walked to the ground surrounding the vault. He looked like a fat cat that somehow knew how to dig with his mask. Mayor Humdinger walked by and saw Rubble digging next to the vault. The cat mask Rubble was wearing worked better than simply hiding his identity.

  “Why is there a fat cat digging over there?”

  All the pups saw Mayor Humdinger looking at Rubble, “Ryder! Horrible news! Worst case scenario! Humdinger!”

  “Did you just say Humdinger!? Rubble! Get out of there!”

  “What? This isn’t the ground to the vault?”

  “Yes! But Rubble! Get back!”

  “Hold on Ryder! I’m almost under the wall.”

  Mayor Humdinger just left it. Thinking it was a cat, he figured it would do no damage. He returned back to his office in town hall.

  “Rubble! You almost got popped by Mayor Humdinger!” Ryder said.

  “What!? Where is he!?”

  “He’s gone now! What’s the status?”

  “Breaching the vault floor… now! There’s little lighting in here, so I’m not sure the cameras picked up the falling floor.”

  “Marshall, Skye, that’s your queue!”

  “Let’s take to the… vault.”

  Marshall and Skye worked together to take out the cameras. All four cameras were taken out.

  “Alright, Zuma! Get in there! Rocky, stay out of sight and by the boat!”

  “Let’s dive in! To the vault that is.”

  Zuma, who looked light Patchy the Pirate on four legs, came in to the vault while Rocky stayed back. They each had a duffle bag that they would put money and gold into.

  “You did it pups! You got all the time in the world! Grab what you can and come out unnoticed!” Ryder hyped.

  Ryder and Chase both watched what was going on in the vault while listening to the police scanner. There was money on carts, they were busting open safes, and Zuma and Marshall eventually struck gold… literally. Chase knew what was up.

  “Zuma! Marshall! Don’t! There’s…”

  Before Chase had time to finish, Marshall and Zuma both grabbed for some gold. That set off the alarm to the bank. The police scanner went crazy.

  “There has been a breach in the vault at Foggy Bottom Union Banking! All cameras in the vault are down!”

  “Roger that! Sending all units! T-minus 30 seconds!”