Chapter 5

“How much do you think Dresland knows?” Phoebe asked Cooper. “I don’t know but it seems as if he knows everything there is to know.” He answered. We were in the cafeteria eating before the all call to the auditorium.

       I was deep in thought until someone’s hands covered my eyes. ‘I missed you so much baby.’ Their thoughts rang in my head. “What’s up babe?” I asked with a smile. Her hands slowly moved away from my eyes and I saw Phoebe and Cooper stare at each other in confusion. I turned around to face Ana and she held her head down.

       “How did you know it was me?” She asked. “I took a wild guess.” I grinned holding up her head pulling her body into mines. “How are you?” I asked. “I’m great now that I’m with you.” She smiled brightly. I pecked her on the lips and she moaned softly. I giggled and put our noses together.

       The intercom began to beep and then Headmaster Dresland began the announcement. “I am asking that all Witches male and female to report to the auditorium for this morning’s meeting.” He finished.

       Everyone was up on their feet now, making their way out the doors towards the center of the Academy where the auditorium was located along with the library. “Babe, I’m going to go sit with my friends, I’ll see you later in my room?” She asked reassuringly looking up into my eyes. I nodded and she kissed me one last time before running off leaving me with my brother and best friend again.

         “You read her mind?” Cooper asked shoving a bag of chips in my hand as we exited the cafeteria. “Yeah is that a problem?” I asked opening it up and sticking a few in my mouth. “We still need to find out why you could do that, be careful.” Phoebe said peeling a banana and biting into it. “It’s not like I can control it.”

       “Then it’s time you start learning how too.” My brother said intensity in his voice again then walking ahead of Phoebe and I. “Sometimes you can be really inconsiderate Adam.” She frowned leaving me behind for my brother.

       I sighed and strolled along slowly until I was inside the auditorium taking a seat in the very back. Dresland was making his way down the middle section aisle. Everyone quieted down and if they didn’t have seats they found one immediately. He was on stage now and he paced slowly from one end to the other as all of the professors sat on stage behind a very long table that went from one end to the other.

       “Welcome to Witch Academy.” He began. His voice was strong and firm. “You all are here in hopes of becoming stronger, wiser Witches. There’s a lot that needs to be learned and much that must be done.” He emphasized with his right index finger in the air making clear each point. “I believe all of you know how to cast charms, hex, and bring forth objects in your presences. There is more than meets the eye. Each of us learn how to bend and push our limits” He said cleverly.

       “Tomorrow I do understand is everyone’s club initiations and try-outs. I wish you all best of luck. Now, look under your seats.” He said. Muttering filled the air as everyone reached under and pulled out a folder; each with everyone’s name on it. “Your schedules are to be followed next week when classes start.” Everyone held up their schedules and groaned. “How did he do that?” Someone in front of me asked in amazement.

       “I just want to party.” One kid whispered next to me. “Inside you will also find a packet containing all class syllabuses.” He continued. He snapped his fingers and the folders that contained our schedules and syllabuses exploded into confetti, everyone cheered and hollered as he stood on stage laughing. I suppose he was also excited for this school year. “Everyone please make your way to the court yard where there is a vast amount of treats for everyone.” He exclaimed in excitement getting everyone rowdy.