Chapter 3

***Rose***
As soon as we arrived at the hospital, they rushed him straight for surgery. I waited and waited alone. These are the times I miss James. He would always comfort me. First, I lost him now Luther. My life is a mess again.
"Hi, I'm here to see Luther Harper." Said a very familiar voice.
"Sorry sweetie he's still in surgery. The waiting room is over there. The doctor will come out and tell you the news when he is done." Said the nurse behind the desk.
"Thank you."
As that person walked over here I finally realized where I heard that voice.
"James."
"Hi rose. I know you probably don't want to see me, but there's somethings I have to explain to you. But first I want to say sorry for leaving you two years ago. But I can explain that. Back then something happened in my life and I didn't want to get you involved until the right time. Now that Luther is like this I think it's time for you to know about your brothers job." And as he said all this he took one step closer to me until he was right in my face.
"James why now? Of all times why? You left me alone by myself. What could have been so bad that you would leave me?" I said with tears in my eyes.
"Rose I truly am sorry. Your brother and I got in some trouble two years ago with some bad people. And in order for us to survive we had to make something. I left you because if we had stayed together you would have been hurt or even killed. And I couldn't bare to see you that way. So I left for your safety. But every day I was gone everything would remind me of you. And when I say everything I mean everything. So your brother brought you here to tell you the truth but then this happened. Rose i know this isn't the time but I need to say this. Rose Lucy Harper you were my first love and always will be. I never stopped loving you. And I hope you can forgive me."
After him saying all that, I finally remembered the truth of really happened.
****
(Two years ago)
"Rose, I'm leaving you. I don't love you any more. I can't even stand to be around you." James said.
"But I...I thought y..you said we would be together forever." I said crying.
"I lied. I have to go Rose bye." And just like that he left me standing there crying.
I ran home after that. Soon as I got there I went looking for Luther. I finally heard his voice in the den. As I got closer, I heard him on the phone with someone.
"Look, James it was for the best. If you two stayed together she would be put in danger. Now that you work for me we can't risk the most important person to both of us getting hurt. Don't worry soon, you will have her back but for now keep your distance." Luther said.
So James broke up with me to protect me. I can't believe this.
"Yes, I know you love her. Just for her safety you have to stay away. I have to go James. She should be on her way home now. Bye." And with that he hung up. I went back to the front and faked like I just got home.
"Luther. Are you here?"
He came out of the den looking happy. As if he wasn't just talking to James.
"Hey sis." He said as he gave me a hug.
"Hey." I said sadly.
"You heard my phone call didn't you?" Luther said.
How did he know? Dang I forgot he can read my face expressions better than I can.
"What? What phone call?" I said cluelessly.
"Don't play dumb Rose. I heard you when you accidentally stepped on a creaking board." Said Luther seriously.
"I'm sorry Luther. But when I heard you talking to James I had to listen." I said sadly.
"Rose, I can't having you know about this yet. I love you and I'm sorry for what I'm about to do." Luther said with a grimly.
"Luther what are you talking about? What are you about to do?" I said slightly terrified.
"I'm sorry Rose. Lascendos."
As soon as he said that I felt light headed.
"L...Luther." And with that I blacked out.
*****
So Luther erased that memory until I needed to see it. So James does love me. He didn't want to leave me.
"It seems you are not believing me. I'm such a fool to think you would. Why would you I left you standing there crying? I'm such a idiot. How could I......" James rambled. I had to kiss him to shut him up.
"I believe you James. And I love you too." I said smiling.
"You....you believe me. You believe me!!!" He picked me up and hugged me tight.
"Just promise me this. Never leave me again."
"Not in a lifetime baby." And with that he kissed me.