3. "Right This Way"

It seemed as if awkward silences were a theme for the night because for a while we just stood there looking at each other until Damon broke the silence again. 

"Well, if we are done just staring at each other." Way to make it more awkward. "I'm sure Stefan would love to show you to one of our many guest rooms. Wouldn't you, brother?" Damon smiled.

 "Of course," Stefan replied, trying but failing to hide his anger. "Right this way." He ushered me. I smiled and followed him. Leaving Bonnie, Caroline, and Damon downstairs in the lounge to argue.

We walked down the long hallway in silence. Stefan stopped at a door and unlocked it. 

"This is it," he said with a smile. 

"Why thank you less attractive younger brother." I laughed. 

"I doubt you'll ever let that one go." Stefan grinned. 

"Don't count on it." I giggled. It was interesting meeting Stefan and hard to believe he and Damon were even related. They had such different vibes to them. Stefan, kind and gentle with something dark brewing beneath the surface. Damon. Damon was a damaged but caring man, hiding behind a nonchalant cool guy façade. I sat down on the bed when I entered the room and looked at Stefan. 

"I'm guessing you and Damon don't get along." Stefan smiled sadly, more to himself than to me. 

"What gave it away?" 

"Well, we can start with how unhappy you seemed to see him and there's the fact that you're pretty bad at hiding your anger." 

He sighed, "I don't usually like the girls he brings here or what he does to them." He looked at me with curiosity in his eyes. "Which brings me to my question. How did my brother do it this time?" Stefan then gave me a look of concern. "He'll only use you, you know. He doesn't do attachments. You'll only get hurt." 

"I've been hurt before Stefan." I smiled sadly to myself. "I'm sure I would be able to take it if that was the case. Which it isn't." I stated. "I'm looking for someone." 

"Who?" He asked lifting his head to face me. 

"An old friend." I smiled. 

"Well, I hope you find them," Stefan said as he walked out of the room. 

"I hope so too," I whispered.

I fell asleep a few minutes after Stefan left. Drinking with Damon was as good as sleeping pills. I did hear someone come in before I dosed off but didn't bother to check who it was. It was probably Damon checking on me. He did promise that he would.

***flashback*** earlier at the grill.

"We're gonna be great friends Liyah," he said this as if he truly believed it. "Sure." I laughed as I took the first sip of my bourbon trying my best to hide my disgust. And even though I laughed, deep down I really did believe it too.  And even though I laughed, deep down I really did believe it too.

"So, what brings you to Mystic Falls, Liyah?" Damon asked. 

"I'm looking for someone," I answered. 

"Someone? Just someone? You gotta give me more than that Lee." He pushed. 

"If you can get me drunk enough it might just slip out. Also, Liyah is just fine. I don't do nicknames, Dee" I said raising an eyebrow. 

"No nicknames got it." He nodded ."Two — actually make it five more bourbons." He told the bartender. He then turned to me. "Then let's get you drunk." He smirked.

***end***