6. ...About Last Night

I pulled Stefan in the opposite direction not even knowing where I was going until he made us stop. 

"Just so you know, I don't do nicknames either." I looked at him and all the annoyance I was feeling disappeared. 

"By the look on your face 'Stef' is a nickname from an ex." Stefan let a little chuckle escape his lips. 

"Not exactly. Why don't you like your nickname? Do you have a crazy ex?" 

"No," I sighed sadly. "I wouldn't exactly refer to any of my exes as crazy. They were complicated. Really complicated. Troubled." He nodded

"But to answer your question. No. My family gave me that nickname." 

"You haven't even mentioned your family Liyah." He said to me. "You haven't mentioned yours, Stefan." 

"That's cause it's complicated." He responded. "And Damon and I are the only ones left." 

"I'm sorry." A gave a sad  smile." "Sometimes I wish that was the case for me but it's not complicated. They just didn't want me." I said looking at my hands fiddling with them, as I gave a shrug. 

"I'm so sor-" I cut him off  "Why don't we get going. Don't want to miss any rides, yeah?" I gave a sad smile and ran to the Ferris wheel with Stefan slowly following behind. My family life was not a topic I was ready to visit now or anytime soon.

By the time Stefan caught up with me I had already gotten the tickets and was close to the front of the line. It wasn't that long, to begin with. 

"Hey. Look I didn't mean to—" 

" You know what Stefan? Just forget it. Let's just have fun okay?" I cut him off again. Hoping he would take the hint and drop the topic. We reached the front of the line and got on the ride. Here when you reach the top, they stop it for a few minutes so that you get to see the whole town.

 Here when you reach the top, they stop it for a few minutes so that you get to see the whole town

"It's so beautiful." I gazed at the beauty that was the Mystic Falls lights. After a while, Stefan cleared his throat grabbing my attention. I turned to look at him. 

"So...," he began "Last night." He paused for a second. I felt my heart begin to race. "You and Damon." I gave a tired sigh, 

"Stefan I swear I don't know what he's talking about. Really. We had a lot to drink and from what I remember nothing super spectacular happened. I have no idea what he's been going on about." 

"Yeah but I do." He looked up at me and he sighed. 

"Was it... bad?" I asked him nervously. With no memory of anything truly remarkable happening last night, I was actually scared. 

"I wouldn't say that. It's just that before you and Damon got into the house...You kissed." We what? How? That's not something I would forget that easily. Sure I was pretty drunk but I remembered most of that night. Why not that? I had to question him. 

"How do you know?" I asked a little confused. 

"Because I saw you from my window. When you got out of the car, Damon kissed you."

And like a wave crashing down on the shore it came back to me. I honestly don't know how I could have forgotten. His lips were so soft.

***flashback***

Damon and I had just gotten out of his car when...