Chapter 5

Cinderella stomped up to her room, furious that she she was made to sit at home. She was supposed to got to the ball, supposed to marry the prince, I mean a princess can only marry a prince right? And in her eyes , no One  other than her was royal enough. She slammed her door shut, hoping to show her frustration over this matter. But was disappointed when she remembered no one was home. She looked over to the pretty pink dress lying torn on the floor, having torn it in the fit of anger. Great, she thought, I have no dress.
She looked at the clock. Finding that there was hardly still some time left, she made up her mind. She was going. Truman wasn't her mother, and if she was , Cinderella wouldn't be bothered either. It was her life, her future and she wasn't gonna let some old hag ruin it.
She went up to her Mahogany cupboard, opening its large polished door and inspecting the clothes inside. Nothing. There was absolutely nothing there that could possibly be fit for the ball. She looked deeper , only to find a small parcel at the corner. She racked her head as to why a it was. Opening it , she saw it was a simple blue dress, and a pair of white gloves. It had been a birthday present from Truman on her 16th , and Cinderella had hated every bit of that dress. It was too blue and didn't match her skin tone even the slightest. Cinderella thought over and realized that it was either this, or the torn pink one. She finally settled for the gorgeous blue, hoping the lightening at the palace was dim enough to hide its disgust. She wore it with a frown on her face and tied up her golden hair in a bun placing a white band in her place. She looked at her self in the mirror. " meh , it's good enough." She said to her pet mice. She looked around for shoes and then slapped her head when she found them. They were pink, and pink shoes with a blue dress would look absolutely horrendous. She searched for blue shoes, but couldn't find any. Then slowly made her way downstairs, praying that she would find something. Upon reaching the living room , she saw a pair of glass slippers. Well more like ornaments. Alice had bought them from the market as they shone  like diamonds in the light.  They were big enough to be worn, and Cinderella knew that. She grabbed then off the show case, and put them on. They were tight and really uncomfortable, but Cinderella had no choice. It was this or nothing, and they matched her dress perfectly. She walked on her toes, being careful not to break the glass. She went outside, her feet already sore ,and looked around for a carriage of any sort to take her to the ball. It was silent, not a sound to be heard and not a vehicle to be seen. " guess I'm walking" she sighed.
She started making her way to the ball, her magnificent dress shining brightly under every light post she walked under.Quarter way through she stopped. Her feet hurt like never before, her every bone feeling like it would crack any minute. She looked around , only to find a pumpkin farm on her right, with an old lady watering them. 
" she's got to have a horse of some sort with her" she thought. Cinderella could ride, the best in the town even. Her father was a horse racer and taught Cinderella to ride when she was very little. Cinderella may be mean , but she wasn't completely talentless.
" hello dear , welcome to Farina Gerald's farm. How may I help you ?" The old lady spoke upon seeing Cinderella walking up to her.
Cinderella looked at her. She wore a lilac robe theta went over her head and could see silver strands of hair peaking from under the robe. " I actually need a ride to the ball, my step mother and my step sisters left me all alone at home to do chores and cook for them for when they come back. And...." Cinderella broke into crocodile tears. She knew people tended to help the helpless.
" oh my , that's awful. You poor girl. Stay here, I'll be right back" she said, leaving Cinderella in the pumpkin field. After what felt like eternity to Cinderella, she returned , but wasn't empty handed. She held a rope to a beautiful white horse, four in fact, that pulled a tiny orange carriage behind them. " why does that look a pumpkin" Cinderella asked, curious and mortified by the ugly  thing on wheels.  " sorry sweety, but everything I own is pumpkin themed and moreover ,this is actually for the parade next week. Hope you don't mind. " Cinderella weighed in her options.
She looked down at her poor, red swollen feet.
" Farina, get me to the ball .Fast."

Woah, new chapter up in less than 2 days. I sometimes amaze myself.
Glitz