Chapter 1: Love at First Meet

-Zed's POV-

We are at a park. Mom brought me here and introduced a guy to me and his daughter.

She's cute. I wonder what her name is.

Mom and the guy left to buy food. She told me to stay with the guy's daughter whom I think is older than me.

"Hi! What's your name?", I asked smiling sweetly to the girl who is sitting next to me. But she just raised an eyebrow and turned her back on me.

*That's a very rude thing to do..*, I spoke in my mind. "Anyway.. My name is Zedrick Jaymes Howard, but you can call me Zed, just like Mom does!", I beamed at her.

"Is it true that your Mom is going to marry my Papa?", she asked with her arms crossed.

"I don't really know..", I replied.

"Papa said that he's going to re-marry. I think the woman is your Mom. If ever, will you agree to it?", she asked again.

"If ever, can we do anything about it? I mean I'm just six! And you're like eight? Grown-ups never listen to kids when it comes to these kind of things!", I stated. It's true! And I'm fine with Mom marrying again.

She just sulked, stood up from her seat, and ran to her Papa.

"Sweetie, how are things going between you and Macey?", Mom asked and sat down beside me. She handed me a hotdog sandwich.

"Her name's Macey?", I asked and Mom nodded. "I think.. I just found the girl that I want to marry someday. But, she's a bit grouchy.".. And I imagined myself getting married with Macey.

"Oh! I hate to burst your little bubble sweetie. But that can't happen.", Mom said.

"Why?", I pouted.

"Because she's going to be your stepsister soon."

*What is wrong with that, Mom? We still ain't related.*

=========================================

Author's Note:

Hi! ... uhm..  This is my first ever story..  I've been wanting to write and now I found the courage to do so.

I know I have to improve a lot on my writing skills.. so I do need your opinions and constructive criticisms...

Thank you! Hope you like it!