The nights before (1)

"Kit, come listen to this track, its super dope!" Jax yelled across the room.

Jax Gardner and Kit Dunn had been best friends since their freshman year of high school and now, they were entering their senior year in just one day and their friendship hadn't changed at all. They were childish and competitive in the way that they would push each other so far that they broke boundaries that no one thought was possible. Even though the two constantly were fighting with each other and claimed that they hated one another on the daily, every person in their grade, their family, and in some underlining way, even themselves knew they couldn't survive high school, or life without each other.

"Jax, I've told you time and time again, I have something to do! Why don't you just leave or something?" Kit yelled at Jax. Kit had been like this the entire summer. Jax wasn't exactly sure why though, before the summer started Kit had been her usually sassy self.

Sure, Jax probably shouldn't have been worried. Katherine Dunn was probably the sassiest girl ever. If even possible for her to be second to anyone, it would be the one and only Bianca Blackwell. Who had practically grown up in the most critical place on earth and used her sassiness to protect herself.

Nonetheless, this summer, something about Kit had changed. Not that something in their junior year hadn't changed tremendously, but Jax was able to stay himself, why hadn't Kit? Before she was sassy, but now she was rude. She was mean and bossy on a new extent. She never wore that smirk that she used to commonly carry through the day. She wasn't Kit Dunn the girl who you could count on to stand up for what was right while carrying her sense of wittiness. Now she was Kit Dunn, the girl who was rude and boringly made her way.

"Kit what's wrong with you? You're never happy, you're awalys rude, and you can never show me what your working on! I'm sick of it!" Jax ranted out to Kit.

"What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you? At least when Miles, Bianca, and Alya were here you weren't so clingy!" Kit yelled back at Jax.

"I'll just grab my things, tell your parents thanks for having me." Jax barely whispered out as he grabbed his computer from the desk opposing Kit's bed.
________________________________

Kit knew that she probably shouldn't have said what she said to Jax, but she had to get this done. Sure, she had been rude about it, but he couldn't take a hint! He was always there and he never stopped trying to ask what's wrong. She knew that he was just trying to be there for her, but the 'event', as her dad called it, happened almost seven months ago, and she was fine now, nothing was wrong.

Sometimes it hurt, a lot. But it was just easier to block out everything that had happened. All the memories, everything that happened beforehand, and all the pictures from that morning.

She sometimes thought she didn't fully understand what happened and that was the problem, and other times she thought the problem might be that she did fully understand what happened and that scarred her more than anything.

She couldn't close her eyes without thinking of what she had to do now, every task that had to be completed by the morning, before the sun rose. But tomorrow, her first day of her last year at Keaton, all the tasks that were supposed to be done by the morning could wait, tomorrow was more important. She knew a consequence would come, but something were important, right? She would do tomorrow for all of them, by herself.