Chapter 9

Harry immediately tore his eyes away from Draco, and continued eating. Hermione reached for the letter that lay on the left of Harry. He quickly snatched the letter from her, he didn't want to discuss the contents of the letter in public. Hermione looked rather surprised, but Harry did not care.

He quickly looked back over at the entrance of the Great Hall, Draco was not there. He must've retreated back to the Slytherin table, Harry thought. Harry arose from his bench. Even if he was hungry, he wanted to read that letter alone, before spilling out the contents to Hermione and Ron.

"Where are you going?" Hermione asked him, astonished at his desire to leave.

"I'm going to read the letter alone," Harry answered her earnestly. He started to walk quickly out of the Great Hall, and made his way to a deserted hallway.

Harry found a lone bench and pulled out the letter. He ripped the paper from it's envelope and read its contents.

Dear Harry,

I am very deeply sorry to hear of the news between yourself and Draco. There is nothing I can do to help you. I know this is a very short letter, and I'm sorry, but I don't have that much time to answer you, or the other werewolves will get suspicious. Maybe talk to someone that is closer to help you with your problem, like Hermione. Well, I ought to get going now. I'm very sorry for this short letter. I have no time to help you. I'll write to you when I leave them for break.

Sincerely,

Remus Lupin

Harry was very mad at Remus for the small amount of information he had given him. Harry decided that instead of going back to dinner, he was going to go straight to his dormitories to think this entire situation through. Even if he was starving, he was going to finish eating later anyway.