Let's dress up as tourist and explore the city as if everything's new

Ross' Pov

Forgiveness.

1 word. 3 syllables. 11 letters.
Yet, such a simple thing can mean the world to someone.

People risk their lives for forgiveness. Some people take their lives begging for forgiveness.

But, what really is it? Is it the action of forgiveness that takes it the extra mile? Or is it the state of being?

What brings actions to the point where they're completely unforgivable?

Is there a universal law of forgiveness?

Or does each person have their own rules and regulations of forgiveness?

If so, can those rules change?

Will someone forgive another for cheating for the sake of love?

Like I don't know, a certain brunette high school sweetheart that you should've never broken up with.

You know, I'm asking for a....a friend.

It seems every time I...I mean my friend, gets close to getting her back he fucks it up.

I...um he just doesn't know what to do about it.

He loves this girl, but she's mentally deemed him 100% unforgivable.

I just don't know what to do.

Yeah no, there is no "friend". I'm the "friend". But I can't help it. I've tried to get Laura out of my mind for years, but she's just, stuck.

When I found out she moved back to Cali my heart swelled with hope, and even though she seems to be pushing me away I know she wants me too.

The way her body reacted to me showed me all that I needed to see.

And if her reaction wasn't enough, the way she clung to me and moaned my name should've set off some alarms.

She wants me just as much as I want her.

I didn't want to believe that I was still hung up on her, hell, I even tried to get into a few different relationships.

All to no avail.

Yea, the sex was good with the other girls, but they weren't Laura and sex with Laura, let me tell you, is nothing short of spectacular.

But I'm starting to notice that everything with Laura is spectacular.

Eating, sleeping, talking, laughing, walking, kissing, hugging, dreaming, planning, loving, just every and any thing was just extraordinary.

I didn't notice the amazingness of it all until I lost it.

When you think about it, I technically didn't cheat on Laura, I cheated with Laura.

No, it's not any better, but there is a difference.

Lindsey and I were only together for like a month, tops.

She was nice enough, and average in bed. She just wasn't the one.

She just wasn't Laura.

Neither was Brittney, Alexis, Payton, Amani, Lily, Kimmey, Micaela, Sydney, Lindsey, Lauren, Zoe, Emma, Erin, Vanes--I think you catch my drift.

I miss her laugh, her smile, her lips. I miss the way her eyebrows would come together and create that little crease in between them whenever she was confused.

I miss the way her hand fit perfectly in mine, and how connected we would be whenever we made love.

I miss her.

And I'll do whatever it takes to receive her full forgiveness.

With the new boost of determination I pull out my phone and log onto my twitter.

I reply to some fans and star a few tweets. I eventually search Laura's @ and after following her and lurking through her pictures, I DM her.

We haven't spoken since the In-n-out incident, but it seemed as though she was cool with hanging out so maybe she'll take me up on my offer.

RossLynch: hey, Laura I was wondering if you would like to hang out today, just as old pals. I'm bored out of my mind and am craving some company. So how about it?

I'm literally sweating as I press send. What if she says no.

What would be even worse is if she leaves me on R☑️.

To my surprise though, she answers immediately.

LauraMarano: sup shor. Let's say I'm free. It just depends on what you plan on doing for our leisure time?🤔

Laura's the only 21 year old that I know that uses the statement "leisure time".

I smile and reply so fast I'm surprised my fingers didn't fall off.

RossLynch: idk, we can just hangout and get some food or something. Ik how much you adore anything edible.

Her reply comes in within 5 seconds.

LauraMarano: it seems to me that you're exploiting my weakness and trying to use it to lure me out Shor. Well....it worked. But instead of "hanging out" let's dress up as tourist and explore the city as if everything is new. And get food while doing it of course. It'll be fun to see all the places we know so well in a new, more optimistic light.

Like I said, Laura makes everything extraordinarily spectacular.

RossLynch: okay. It's a 100% platonic date. Unlock your kitchen door connecting to mine and I'll be in in like an hour. I need to shower and what not. I'll see ya soon L.

LauraMarano: see ya soon Shor.

I fist pump, doing a small celebratory dance in light of the repairing of us.

Maybe the laws of forgiveness have changed in my favor.

Maybe I'm not completely unforgivable.

Maybe we can be us again.

Maybe she'll give me back full possession of her heart.

Maybe she'll let me love her again, and this time I won't lose the gem that I tried so hard to get just to drop it.

I'll make sure to dust it off, clean it, and encase it in my heart for eternity.

I just have to retrieve it first.

I will get back what is mine.

Watch out Laura, fate has given us one more chance at happiness. And I won't let this pass.

I don't believe in coincidences. Our love is destined to be.

Oh god, I sound like a pathetic love struck teenager. Like, Romeo.

Me and that guy share a lot of similarities.

We both didn't think anything through, and we both jumped to conclusions. But unlike the legend and tale himself, I'm going to get the girl and live an amazing life with her.

I have to.