Chapter 2

Were-Nights

Ch. 2

By: Cutegirlmayra (Gotta finish this up! :D )

I had just gotten to the landing site where Tails was getting out of the X-Tornado. "Tails!" I called to him.

"Sonic! And Amy too!" He flew over and then ran the rest of the way to us. I set Amy down and we greeted him together.

"I was so worried when your communicator faded out!" Tails hugged Amy first, as she smiled and squeezed him back.

"I'm sorry! The monsters that spring up at night were following me, and when I went to call you, the batteries were dead..." She let him go, and he looked to her with worry.

"Oh... so that's what happened.. you must have been pretty scared then.."

She slowly nodded her head, but then drew a weak smile on her face and stated, "I-it's alright. I made it, and that's all that really matters." She looked to me, but I couldn't hide my concern either.

She really was very brave... and strong for surviving that all night.

Me and Tails did our greeting with a high five, "Think you can get us back to Professor Pickles?" I asked him.

"Uhh... about that." Tails put his two fingers together, as his tails wagged once. "I kinda... have been flying everywhere over Shamar looking for Amy... I don't have enough gas to get us all the way there. But I can get you half way there!" he cheered up a bit, but my face was slowly turning to restrained horror after his next words. "It may take another night to get to Spagonia..."

ANOTHER NIGHT..?!

"Told ya so." Chip flew in the air on his back, kicking and stroking the air as if he was swimming, saying the words as if he was rubbing it in.

I was growing upset by his attitude, but I couldn't say anything like that now.

"Tails, is there anyway-"

"Sorry Sonic. Once I drop you off in the forest, your on your own." He stated.

We got started to mount the X-Tornado, when I got into the backseat.

Amy tilted her head at my behavior, and called out to me from in front. "Why are you not going on the wings like usual, Sonic?"

I flinched, and Tails looked back and started to say, "Well, when night comes, he'll be too big to-"

When she looked to him, I started to make obscure gestures to Tails to not say a word, as he suddenly started to slur his words.

"tooooooo-I mean, big as in ... uh.. the wind! The wind picks up when we get closer to the other region and I Sonic's mass would be flung off like a leaf! Haha..." he had a sweat drop on the side of his face, and chuckled nervously. When Amy looked back to me, he gestured that he didn't understand why I made him say that. A shrug with a questioning and almost 'What the heck was that all about!?' look on his face.

"See, Amy? Best not too." I stated, leaning back in my seat. Chip flew in my cockpit, as Amy started to get up.

"I want to sit with you too then!" she cheerfully started coming over.

"NOOO!" we both stated, me and Tails, as Tails got up and stood in the driver's cockpit and I just held my hand up to her, pushing back against the seat.

"Uhh..." Tails tried to think of another excuse, as Amy looked to both of us in bewildered confusion.

"Well why not?"