Welcome to Nightvale

Sam sat down across from his happy brother who was eating pie.
"So, I found a case." Sam said.
"Hm?" Dean hummed, face too full to respond with words.
"6 interns have died within the past week- all from the same company." Sam said. Dean swallowed.
"And what makes you think it's our kind of thing?" He asked.
"Maybe the fact that everyone I've asked has never heard of this company or even the town it's in. Hell, I don't even know where I got this newspaper from." Sam said.
"What town?"
"Nightvale."

Sam and Dean saw the city coming up. There was a very Purple sign that said "Welcome to Nightvale," and as soon as they passed it, their radio turned on. Dean tried to turn it off but he couldn't. It just kept playing.
"The moon is full, mysteries arise, and strangers enter our town- Welcome to Nightvale." The admittedly soothing voice on the radio said. After a little introductory music, the voice spoke again.
"Hello, listeners, recently there has been an uprising amongst eating utensils. According to many residents of our lovely town, their forks, knives and spoons have begun peacefully protesting and refusing to be eaten with. They claim their pay is not high enough and that they deserve an upgrade. The sheriff's secret police are trying to decide what to pay he utensils- after all, we haven't payed them anything. We might as well say thank you for their services- I mean, who would want to have food shoved all over them them be stuck into a wet, dark cavern of gush, repeatedly. I can see why they're protesting. In other news, there have been reports of a mysterious, black, Chevy Impala driving into town. Witnesses say there were two tall and intimidating men inside the car. If you see them, be warned, listeners, they might not be what they say."

Sam and Dean looked at each other. What the hell was this place? They started to feel like this was going to be a bit more than just a job.

They stopped at a motel, getting a room then started asking around for that radio station's whereabouts. They found out that it was just a few blocks away and that it was the same company they came here for. They slipped on their FBI get ups and headed down to the station. On the way there, they passed what seemed to be a dog park and they saw shadowy figures lurking inside of it. A part of the brothers wanted to run and take it down, but a bigger and more influential part seemed to tell them to keep walking and stop looking. Do not acknowledge the dog park.

They got to the station and went inside. They saw a tall man with blonde hair, mostly Purple clothing, glasses and hints of tattoos. The man smiled.
"Why, hello," he said. Sam and Dean instantly recognized the voice from the radio. Sam and Dean took out their fake badges and showed them quickly.
"We're here to investigate the murders of the interns-" Sam said.
"FBI? What are FBI agents doing in Nightvale? The government cares about us? Oh, how sweet." The man said.
"Who are you?" Dean couldn't resist asking.
"Oh, my apologies, I'm Cecil Palmer, the voice of Nightvale. Anyhow, I'm afraid they sent you for nothing. The cases have been solved- unless you're secretly the secret police!" He said.
"Um, no, they've already been solved?" Sam questioned.
"Yes. We know the reasons. Quite unfortunate, may they rest in peace. But, that's what happens in the line of duty" Cecil said.
"Of..an...intern..?" Dean question. Cecil nodded.
"......huh...hey, I'm, can I use your bathroom?" Sam asked.
"Oh, why, of course," Cecil said, "just down the hallway- you can't miss it. Really. Don't miss it. Also, try not to bother Khoshekh."
"Uh...sure.." Sam said and hurried off.

Curiosity took Sam over and instead of poking around he really did go to the bathroom. Once he entered, he saw a floating cat near the sink. It seemed stuck. So, this was Khoshekh. Sam quickly retrieved Dean and they were baffled.
"What. The actual. Hell."